JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding a file to Yahoo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:22 pm    Post subject: Adding a file to Yahoo? Reply with quote

I haven't got my 9910 remote yet but during my search for a KM and RM upgrade/device file to use with my Harmon Kardon AVR8000 receiver all the files for HK receivers lacked all the video input codes and all the surround codes needed to fully operate my 8000. So I used DecodeCCF and my old .CCF file and the Protocol, Device, Subdev and OBC matched up to the downloaded upgrade files that had the missing codes. So I added the Function name and the OBC to one of the downloaded upgrade files and saved it as a RM file. Should I upload it to yahoo now or wait untill I get my remote or not at all.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's up to you, but I would probably suggest that you wait until you can test the upgrade to make sure it really works. Otherwise we'll let you field all the questions from people who can't make it work!!! Smile
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hehe thats what I suspected, thanks.
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I tested the codes I manually added as mentioned above and they all work fine. So I figured I'd go ahead and add the RM file to Yahoo. Was there any specific procedure to do so?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheelie4 wrote:
add the RM file to Yahoo. Was there any specific procedure to do so?

What aspect of the proceedure wasn't clear?

You go to
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/4.%20RM%20Upgrade%20Files/Audio/

There is an "add file" link to click (near the top left of the page). Hopefully the file already has a fairly description name. You also should provide a description. Most people don't include all of what I'm about to suggest, but I think it's a good idea to have each of these items somewhere in either the description or filename.

Brand and model of the device to be controlled
Protocol name and device/subdevice number(s).
What UEI setup code (if any) is a subset of this upgrade.
If you did a discrete search and found (and included) any commands not in the original remote, mention that fact.

If you use some obscure combo executor (as some HK upgrades do) the important thing to put in the description is the protocol name and device numbers of the signals actually generated. It doesn't hurt to also mention the combo protocol used to achieve it, but you want someone starting with just a few decodes to be able to quickly estimate whether your upgrade matches.

In CCF files I notice most HK receivers use NEC1:128.112, but also contain commands from the device/subdevice used by HK DVDs NEC1:130.114.
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hows This. The Harman Kardon AVR8000.zip posted by wheelie4dl?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: