JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Multiplexor and keymoves questions.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If some previous version of an upgrade included a KeyMove and you replace that upgrade with a new version that doesn't include any KeyMove on that specific bound device/key, then the old KeyMove is retained (that's the flaw) but there still is no duplicate.

That's what happened, thanks.

Thanks Robman, I just wanted to check before my nurse left to know if I should unplug it. I'll unplug to be safe.

P.S. My remote came. The good news is my DevToggle keymove worked Smile and appears all my devices work properly (havenn't tried every single button per device yet) except the TV. I have a Toshiba 57HX81. I used the Toshiba 65HX81 upgrade I downloaded from yahoo. I asicoated the menu function with the menu button, the tv/vid function with the tv/vid button but when pressing menu button the tv does a previous channel action and when I press TV/Vid button the Info screen apears. I'm going to compare the function names and the OBC in RM with button name and OBC from my decoded CCF for my tv this weekend.
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a little bit of difficulty using the Set key as the Shift key. If I want to make the Com/Skip key my shift and xshift key I must set it like this?

Genneral>Other Settings: Shift Button Keycode = $2B
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wheelie4 wrote:
If I want to make the Com/Skip key my shift and xshift key I must set it like this?

Genneral>Other Settings: Shift Button Keycode = $2B

Assuming that's the button code for Com/Skip, yup! Wink
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kewl, thanks. One more question and I'm calling it a day with this remote. I have a RCA VCR device that I'm pretty sure the remotes built-in code (1060) has all I need to operate it instead of adding an upgrade for it. After uploading the extender to the remote do I then use the Setup feature on the remote to set the VCR key to setup code 1060 or do I just iput 1060 in the General tab of IR next to the VCR device button before uploading to the remote?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either would work, but usually we use IR.EXE, since that means the value will be saved in the file copy on the PC that we always remember to make as backup before uploading to the remote.

If you do it on the remote you must do it before activating the extender, or you must deactivate the extender (which I assume would be more difficult than just reconnecting and reuploading).
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks. In IR sounds best.
Wheelie4

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, after quite a bit of upgrade tweaking in IR, adding a few missing codes into upgrades in RM I believe I got my 9910 just right and workinng properly. All my devices seems to be responding correctly to the sent codes. Thanks everyone for all the assistance. Very Happy

It would be kewl if you could edit the EFC in IR's Device tabs Key Map window. I noticed if you rightclick on them theres an edit option but it doesn't do anything.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: