JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Code Conflict ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 1:03 pm    Post subject: Remote Code Conflict ? Reply with quote

A recent purchase of the Zinwell ZAT-600B Next Gen ATSC 3 converter box led to some odd remote codes conflict and ended up being an electronic diagnostic tool
I was testing the Zinwell ZAT-600B (which I did upload the remote upgrade) to see if it would work for my Magnavox DVR and actually record without any type of copy protection interference.
Zinwell ZAT-600B=
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26871

I was using the zinwell HDMI output to a Portta Brand HDMI to composite RCA output to the recorders RCA video input
It appeared to be working and recordings were fine
I then noticed that the samsung Tv Nec2 dev 7 sub 7 was interfering with the zinwell which is NEC 1 dev 0 sub 255
I thought that just cant be, I checked CEC on both tv and zinwell and both were off
Process of elimination I unplugged the power supply of the Zinwell converter, the power light stayed on longer than it should for a capacitor to discharge.
I then unplugged the HDMI from zinwell to RCA adapter and the power light went out
Upon re-plugging the HDMI the power light went on and that should not be possible
The zinwell HDMI output straight to the samsung tv HDMI input works without interference
Disassemble the Portta HDMI adapter and I found 2 bad diodes
So the remote helped me find a problem that I did not know existed and avoid possible damage to other components.
ckeays

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a media player using NEC1 dev 0, subdevice 255.

I also have a Samsung tv remote device 7, sub device 7.

Sometimes the Samsung remote powers on the media player, no matter what key is pressed.

Strange. I have never figured this out. I just assumed bad firmware in the media player for the IR receiver.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: