JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR v3.0 Major new release!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v3.0.12 is now officially released. This is the first official release since v3.0.10, as build 11 was for development purposes.

The changes since v3.0.10 are:

1. The included IrpTransmogrifier has been upgraded from v1.2.12 to v1.2.13 and correspondingly Girr has been upgraded from v2.2.12 to v2.2.13. This version incorporates the protocol amendments and new protocols that were in the patch file rmProtocols.xml in RMIR v3.0.10.

2. A new protocol, Amazon Fan, has been added to protocols.ini and is also included in the new IrpTransmogrifier.

3. Support has been added for a new format for DSMs in JP1.3 and earlier remotes, first seen in the JP1.2 remote REM48TVB, signature 10531053.

4. The RDFs for the REM48TVB and Niles R8L have been updated and one for the Atlas 1056 B04 has been added.

5. A bug present since RMIR v3.0.0 has been fixed that caused internal Special Protocols created in these RMIR versions to be listed twice on the Special Functions tab when downloaded.

6. The messages displayed when no matching RDF is found now provide links to the RDF-Development and RDF-Archive folders in a browser.

7. The revised instructions.txt file for the JP1EEPROMSupport folder that adds the additional steps required if using the Arduino JP1 interface with Windows 11 is now included in this RMIR version. They were previously posted separately.

8. Certain error situations that would cause RMIR to crash are now caught and display error messages instead.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone!

I just installed 3.0.12 for the first time - I am setting up a new PC that I just got, my memory and hard drive showed up Thursday so this weekend I'm installing software and testing everything. Anyway, this is the first time I've used any v3.0 version; I held off initially because all my remotes are Xsight Colors, then after that because I just got busy and wasn't doing a lot of decoding of new devices, I think I've only done two since v3.0 came out, and one of those I need to go back and make better.

Anyway, here's my question. When I ran setup.vbs (I am on Win10 Pro) it mentioned that I could enter a scale factor if I wanted, I did not because I didn't have any issues with the previous versions, but now the text is VERY small. I'm using two 4k monitors with Windows scaling to 150%. When I started RMIR for the first time the text is VERY small.

1) is there a way to change that scale factor within the program?
2) is there any harm running setup.vbs again after it's been run before?

Thanks! (and thanks for keeping this going, I literally do not know what I would do without RMIR and IRScrutinizer, probably cuss and spend more money on vintage remotes than I already do.)

Edit: I just installed MakeMKV and am having the exact same problem, I can barely read the text it's so small! I am guessing that it uses Java as well?

Edit 2: Same thing is happening with VLC. So it is definitely not a RMIR specific problem.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1) is there a way to change that scale factor within the program?

No.
Quote:
2) is there any harm running setup.vbs again after it's been run before?

I think this will work, if not please report so that we can fix it. You can also right click on the icon and edit the command line, squeezing in -Dsun.java2d.uiScale=2 (or whatever) as argument to the JVM, not the program.

The completely correct and complete solution to this problem is unknown to me. cf this issue on IrScrutinizer.

I recently discovered that it is possible to give the Dsun.java2d.uiScale spell in the program, before constructing the GUI, so that the scaling parameter can be given as argument to the program, not the JVM. This is implemented in IrScrutinizer since late December last year, see IrScrutinizer.java, line 105. This is slightly more flexible for the user. I would recommend doing this in RMIR too.
n8nagel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for the reply! I have found the same issue with MakeMKV and VLC as well. IRScrutinizer must have been fixed as that one is working fine for me. So, I guess I know what I'll be playing with today.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v3.0.15 is now officially released. This is the first official release since v3.0.12, as builds 13 and 14 were for development purposes.

The changes since v3.0.12 are:

1. RDFs have been added for (a) Comcast-URC-1058(old), differing from Comcast-URC-1058 in its Fixed Data byte, (b) Movistar 6740BA0, (c) URC-1210 Contour TV v2, together with Map and Image files for (b) and (c).

2. Support for long press of FastFwd and Rewind has been added to the RDF and Map files for URC-1240 v2, URC-1280 v2, URC-2981, all with signature 368001.

3. An Initial Device Mode setting has been added to the RDF for REM48TVB.

4. There are additions to protocols.ini for S3C80 code for PID=0202 and for a new protocol "Sharp Old", with corresponding additions to rmProtocols.xml for "Sharp Old".

5. A correction has been made to rmProtocols.xml for Denon and Sharp protocols.

6. The Help file "IrpTransmogrifier Protocols" has been updated to correspond to the changes to rmProtocols.xml.

7. The digitmaps.bin file has been updated to v769.

8. The ability to change minimum leadout has been added when decoding learned signals with IrpTransmogrifier.

9. Bugs have been fixed in the handling of (a) Activity Power macros, (b) Activity Highlights in remotes that used to use EZ-RC, (c) Activity Macros in XSight Touch and related remotes, (d) saving setups for remotes that use Activity Help, such as URC-7960, (e) RMIR started from the command line with an rmir file without directory as argument, (f) Girr export of a device update with an empty "Description" field.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
I recently discovered that it is possible to give the Dsun.java2d.uiScale spell in the program, before constructing the GUI, so that the scaling parameter can be given as argument to the program, not the JVM. This is implemented in IrScrutinizer since late December last year, see IrScrutinizer.java, line 105. This is slightly more flexible for the user. I would recommend doing this in RMIR too.

I cannot get this to work in RMIR. My Java version is 14.0.2, which accepts scaling in Setup.vbs. I have added
Code:
else if ( "-scaling".startsWith( parm ) )
        {
          String scale = args.get( ++i );
          scaleStr = "Setting sun.java2d.uiScale = " + scale;
          System.setProperty("sun.java2d.uiScale", scale );
        }

into the args processing in createAndShowGUI( ArrayList< String > args ) and I print scaleStr in rmaster.err to confirm the setting, thus
Code:
Setting sun.java2d.uiScale = 3
RMIR v3.0.16
Installation folder is not read-only
Incorporates Girr v2.2.13
Girr Commit Id: 60ed266
Incorporates IrpTransmogrifier v1.2.13
IrpTransmogrifier Commit Id: f929635
System Properties:
   java.version = 14.0.2

The scale factor is not acted upon. What am I doing wrong?
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For technical reasons, I am not able to give a detailed answer until tomorrow(?), but I suspect that the setting of the parameter comes too late, after the GUI is already initialized.

Have you considered using JCommander for decoding the command line parameters? See IrScrutinizer.java for an example.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: