JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

REM48TVB aka Catalyst

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:43 pm    Post subject: REM48TVB aka Catalyst Reply with quote

I Decided to keep this remote if I can finish the RDF
Problem is it supports 978 DSM but i do not know how to write it into RDF
A DSM made on the remote displays in the standard Macro Tab
I tried DSM=Internal:0 and the DSM made on the remote displays in the standard Macro Tab if I make a DSM with RMIR Upload Then download RMIR displays 2 of the same DSM in the Special Function Tab
I am not familiar with JP1.2 remotes this remote confuses me
It supports the 986 plus the entry of four digits for backup Like a segmented remote
and 977 restore
I also get 2 LED blinks with 974 But do not know if it is for anything
Here is the Raw download with a DSM in it
http://hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=26813
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A JP1.2 remote with built-in DSMs hasn't been seen before and will need a bugfix to RMIR. I am looking into it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just released RMIR v3.0.12. This has support for the new format for DSMs used in your remote, including an updated RDF. You will see that the RDF contains the unusual line DSM=Internal:4. This in itself is not a sufficient fix, RMIR itself has also needed an update. I am pretty confident that I have diagnosed the format simply from your download, but please do test it and report back.

The issue of duplicated entries in the Special Functions tab was separate It was a bug that was inadvertently introduced in v3.0.0 and had previously escaped detection.

The Wiki says that 974 turns on/off backlighting. If this is a backlit remote, does it do that?
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:20 am    Post subject: REM48TVB aka Catalyst Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
I have just released RMIR v3.0.12. This has support for the new format for DSMs used in your remote, including an updated RDF. You will see that the RDF contains the unusual line DSM=Internal:4. This in itself is not a sufficient fix, RMIR itself has also needed an update. I am pretty confident that I have diagnosed the format simply from your download, but please do test it and report back.

The issue of duplicated entries in the Special Functions tab was separate It was a bug that was inadvertently introduced in v3.0.0 and had previously escaped detection.

The Wiki says that 974 turns on/off backlighting. If this is a backlit remote, does it do that?

DSM seem to be working correctly so far with limited testing
and no this is not backlit but I did just discover what 974 does on this remote
9xx command 974 followed by a device button will set that device as the default active device after any subsequent uploads, A feature I find nice
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:11 pm    Post subject: REM48TVB aka Catalyst Reply with quote

I still have more work to do on the RDF but so far more testing has shown that DSM''s are working correctly
I got side tracked trying to incorporate "Initial Device Mode=" into the RDF with not much luck so far
HamburgerHelper1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:00 pm    Post subject: REM48TVB aka Catalyst Reply with quote

A little rust in the Hex calculating part of my brain But i did get it figured out
I now added this line so I can chose the Initial device instead of using the 974 command on this remote
Initial Device Mode=$020.7.8.0.0 DeviceButtons
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks. I have added the Initial Device Mode setting to the RDF for the next build.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - New Remotes & RDFs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: