JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ruark R2 radio
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rh100605 wrote:
If you have time when looking at the RMPB code, could you look at the updating of fields as you change tab focus.
I enter a number in the first tab which if I do not hit enter after and then navigate to the PB tab it does not appear which I missed a few times... It remains different in the two tabs

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean. I'm not sure what you are calling the "first tab" and I don't know anything called the "PB" tab. Can you be more specific please, and give me an explicit example by saying what entry you are changing, and what the other one is that does not change if you forget to press Enter.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2023 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He means "PD Details" tab, I can re-create what he's saying.

I have RMPB open and am in the PD tab, if I enter something for (let's say) PD00 in both boxes and hit enter, I can then switch to another tab and come back to PD and the data will still be there. But if I enter something into (let's say) PD01 and don't hit enter, if I switch to another tab and come back, my new data will be gone.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob, many thanks for this explanation. I have fixed this behaviour in RMIR v3.0.7, see this post. I should be grateful if rh100605 could please test that this fix meets his needs.
rh100605

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:41 am    Post subject: RMPB tab focus in 3.07 Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Rob, many thanks for this explanation. I have fixed this behaviour in RMIR v3.0.7, see this post. I should be grateful if rh100605 could please test that this fix meets his needs.

Graham,
I have downloaded and tried the 3.07 version.
After loading a device in RMIR and double clicking on the protocol.

The tab behaviour in RMPB has changed but remains strange..

If I enter data in any tab field and without pushing enter, move to another tab the corresponding field is NOT updated.

However if I move back to the first tab and then back again it updates correctly

To summarise the update happens after the 2nd change of tab focus on all the fields I tried
Rob
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rh100605 wrote:
To summarise the update happens after the 2nd change of tab focus on all the fields I tried

I did not understand your original post. The Robman posted his interpretation of it and has confirmed that I have fixed that. Now I don't understand your latest post. I cannot find any behaviour that corresponds to what you describe. Please explain it in detail, giving an example saying what change you are making and what you expect to happen on a change of focus that in fact only happens on a second change of focus.
rh100605

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2023 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
rh100605 wrote:

I did not understand your original post. The Robman posted his interpretation of it and has confirmed that I have fixed that. Now I don't understand your latest post. I cannot find any behaviour that corresponds to what you describe. Please explain it in detail, giving an example saying what change you are making and what you expect to happen on a change of focus that in fact only happens on a second change of focus.

Graham,
Hope this helps
I launched RMIR 3.07, the file open "rmir...
I clicked on the Devices tab
I double click on the NEC protocol for the first device
A new window opens with the "Protocol data" tab open on the left and Assembler window on the right.

I entered in the "1 Burst on field" 570 overwriting the value 560
I clicked on the "PD details" tab
The field "PD02/3 on time for logic 1 burst pair" still shows 560
I clicked back onto the Tab "Protocol data" which showed the "1 Burst on field" 570
I clicked on the "PD details" tab for the 2nd time.
The field "PD02/3 on time for logic 1 burst pair" then shows 570

This occurs for other field pairs such as "Zero burst off" and "PD08/9 off time for logical 0 burst pair"
It also occurs in reverse if you start the change in the "PD Details " tab and then go to the the "Protocol data" tab where the change is not shown until you select the PD details and then Protocol data tabs again.
It is much harder to describe in words but the same problem seems to exist between the PF tab and Protocol data tabs

To me it seems that the PDxx tabs are updating the assembler defines when you leave them but the tabs are not being updated from the assembler defines when you enter them. However I might be wrong.
It will have to be a movie next if this is not enough
Regards
Rob
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2023 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am on holiday this week but will investigate this further when I get back. Many thanks for your clarification, I understand now what you are experiencing.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try RMIR v3.0.8 which is now in the RMIR Development Folder and report back. I believe this now fixes your remaining issues, but if it does not and you can describe what still does not work, I will try again.
rh100605

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2023 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Please try RMIR v3.0.8 which is now in the RMIR Development Folder and report back. I believe this now fixes your remaining issues, but if it does not and you can describe what still does not work, I will try again.

Graham,
I hope that you had a nice holiday. I have downloaded the new 3.08 version and tested for the filed pairs being updated together.
I can confirm that the tabs work well now.
Thanks for doing this.
Regards
Rob
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: