JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056B03 button assignments
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stderr wrote:
One of 3FG's opening remarks is a reference to V1.01 of the extender. I am using V1.00, and have checked several times in the file section; this is the only version I can find. Is there another one somewhere else? This may be a moot point anyway, as 3FG had problems with the upgrade as well.

I had completely forgotten about this. In response to a thread about DSM on the Power button I slightly altered Graham's v 1.00 extender and put it in the Diagnostic area as "1.01beta". So far as I know, huestifer has been the only user of it; however it does work to allow DSMs on the Power button.

Anyway, the change I made wouldn't have any bearing on the problem with some buttons not correctly sending NEC-f16 (or whatever the problem turns out to be).
stderr

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2023 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What do you mean by Yamaha rdf? Do you mean the Yamaha rmdu upgrade file?

Yes, I mean rmdu; sorry, still learning the differences. What do these stand for? rmdu = remote master device upgrade, & rdf = remote data file? What does rmir stand for? remote master infrared?!?

Setting aside 3fg's information about the extender for a moment, I download the extender from the file section, and unzip it. I then notice the date of the file "2010A9 (Atlas 1056 B03 Extender v1.00).rdf" is 2012/06/04 and it's 9055 bytes in length. Reading the directions in the readme file, it says to copy this to the rdf directory in the rm version Using rm V3.00, there is already a file of this name in the directory, but its date is 2021/09/06 and it's 9278 bytes in length. Unsurprisingly, running diff on these two files shows a significant difference. Does this matter?

Still working on reconstructing an rmir file from scratch...
stderr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reconstructing the rmir from scratch:

1. reset remote: setup, wait for 2 blinks, 981, 4 blinks
2. copy "2010a9 (atlas 1056 b03 extender v1.00).rdf" to rdf directory used by rmir v3.0.0
3. load "atlas 1056 b03 extender v1.00 installer.rmir" & upload it.
4. press tv then rec, get one long blink, followed by two short blinks out of tv led; successful installation of extender
5. download the remote contents into rmir; save as baseline
6. add the samsung & yamaha devices (stock yamaha upgrade has discrete power on phantom buttons). Add discrete power on/off to day+/- & page+/- buttons
7. build macros using phantom buttons for discrete power on/off.
8. disable channel punchthrough on all devices
9. disable volume punchthrough on all devices except tv; set tv volume punchthrough to aud
10. upload to remote
11. remote lights up cable led when running a macro that does not include any reference to the cable device
12. test with actual amplifier; day+/- powers the amp on & off; page+/- does not.
13. edit amplifier device to be of type cable.
14. ensure it's set to cable in the general tab of rmir app
15. upload to remote; page+/- powers the amp on & off; day+/- do not; macro behaviour still indicates it's working the cable device instead of the amp for power on macro; indicates all codes are for the tv for power off macro, when one of the two codes is for the amp.
16. Reset the remote & repeat the above using the "2010a9 (atlas 1056 b03 extender v1.00).rdf" file included with rmir v3.0.0 instead of the one included with the filesection download of the extender
17. Leave the amplifier of type cd/audio in the general tab
18. rebuild macros using day+/- buttons instead of phantom buttons
19. function is exactly where it was before commencing a ground-up rebuild of the rmir file.

Am I doing something wrong here?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM = Remote Master
IR.exe = the original program that we used to communicate with our remotes
RMIR = RM's version of IR, hence RMIR

RMDU = Remote Master Device Upgrade
RDF = Remote Definition File

A *.rmir file is a copy of your remote and all the programming that you've put in it.
A *.rmdu file is an upgrade for a single device
A *.rdf file contains everything that we know about a specific JP1 remote and allows RM and RMIR to program it.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stderr:

Many RDF files for extenders are improved subsequent to the release of the extender, often to take advantage of some new feature in RMIR. IMO, one should always use the RDF files distributed with each release of RMIR.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: