JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Sensitivity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deus

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Remote Sensitivity Reply with quote

I've figured out how to get most of the buttons workin on my remote, however the buttons are incredibly sensitive, and if you push to hard it will multiply. For example, if i hit the number 1 key, it will punch in 111 or 11 on the screen, unless i tap it very littley. Is there a setting somewhere in JP1 or Keymaster that affects this, or is it my remote?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deus, if you re-read your post you will see that you've given us next to no info to work with, so we really can't help you unless you post alot more info.

For starters, what remote are you using? Does this happen with all setup codes, or just a specific code? Is this a built in code, and if so, what is it? Or is this an upgrade that you loaded, and again, what is it? Or are you using learned signal perhaps?

Are you even talking about a JP1 remote, or are you talking about the original remote or some other remote?
Deus

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a DTV universal remote. Yes this happenes with all set codes. this is an up grade code. we tried to correct the problem by writing corect hex for each key. We are using keymaster to set every thing, then we are using IR to write to the remote
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deus wrote:
It is a DTV universal remote... We are using keymaster to set every thing, then we are using IR to write to the remote

What is the exact name of the remote (as displayed by IR)?
Deus

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dtv1
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take that to mean you have the "DirecTV Version 2 (DTV1)" remote?

Deus wrote:
Yes this happenes with all set codes. this is an up grade code. we tried to correct the problem by writing corect hex for each key. We are using keymaster to set every thing, then we are using IR to write to the remote
What device are you making the upgrade for... the DirecTV itself? Is it the DirecTV that's showing the erratic behavior, or are your other devices (like the the TV) affected as well?

What setup code are you using for your TV device?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We don't have any remotes that display "dtv1" in IR, so I'm guessing that you're really referring to the remote that displays as "DirecTV Version 1". Could you confirm this.

Unfortunately, this is not a very common remote so there's not much expertize on it here.

My original thoughts where that you might be using the wrong protocol for your upgrade (like using NEC2 when you should be using NEC1) as this would cause the kind of results you describe, but as you say this happens for every single setup code you try, that can't be the case. Then again, re-reading the very limited info you posted in your reply I'm puzzled. You said "Yes this happenes with all set codes. this is an up grade code." On the one hand you're saying that it happens with all setup codes, then you go on to say it's an upgrade. Are you saying that all your setup codes are upgrades, are you using any built in setup codes?

Deus, I think you'll find that you'll get much better support here if you don't make us have to extract every little bit of info out of you, one post at a time. The more info you provide, the better we can help.
Deus

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok guys I am tring to give you the best info I can.
I am using the dtv remote that is called the DTV1
I am tring to load pantsat 2300.txt to it.
I am using keymaster to set up the load so I can write to the remote throw IR.
I have been following,JP1 - How Easy Is It?"
I can get all the keys to work, but it seam the delay is off.When I click 1 most of the time it will display 11. It seam that it doubling the key action
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deus wrote:
I am tring to load pantsat 2300.txt to it.

Is that a file you created yourself, or did it come from the Files section at Yahoo? The closest thing I could find there is a file named Pansat 330A KM.txt.

Maybe it would be best if you could zip together the saved KM and IR files, and upload it to the Diagnosis folder. Be sure to read the sticky thread "Posting links to Yahoo files", and post a link to the zip file here.
Deus

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok guys here is the file...

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Pansat2300Receiver.txt
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try changing the selected protocol from NEC2 to NEC1. That will fix the sensitivity issue with this one upgrade, but you said it was happening with all setup codes, and this won't fix it for all the other upgrades.
Deus

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks alot guys it worked, now hopefully everything else runs smooth.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may notice that I suggested this could be the problem several posts back, but was thrown off by you saying that the problem happens for all setup codes. I'm guessing that is now not the case.

If you had provided acurate information in the beginning, we could have resolved this quicker.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: