JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kudos to you guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
grajohnt

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Kudos to you guys. Reply with quote

Here's my story:

I bought a URC-8811, thinking it would solve all of my remote problems. (PVR, DLP projector, and stereo for audio gets kinda ugly). However, the day after I bought it, I figured out that the learning memory is finite (duh) and the main PVR and Projector buttons quickly hit the upper end of the memory. I ended up mapping some of the buttons, and all this remote did was make life slightly easier, through the use of the macros - the other remotes still have to be handy.

After a few months of this, I kept thinking about how this remote was upgradable, and checked the OneForAll site for info on upgrading it. This got me to thinking - if THEY can upgrade it, why can't I? Being a techno-geek, yesterday I popped off the battery cover, and noticed this nice little header - labeled JP1. "Hmmmm...", I thought, "maybe someone has already figured this out?"

A quick internet search revealed the JP1 Yahoo group. Thanks to the very helpful documents, I picked up the parts today (<$5), and built a cable. This worked with IR like a charm, and I quickly figured out the software.

I was disappointed to see that my PVR (RCA DRC-7005) keymap wasn't available, however, one for the projector was. A quick glance at my learned codes from the PVR revealed that it was a pretty typical RCA device. As it turns out, the GE1105P DVD is a perfect match. So I got these devices into my remote, and everything works like a charm now.

I'd just like to say thanks for all the hard work and thought that went into creating this wealth of information. It makes it possible for a techno-savvy guy like me to do what I needed to do in an outrageously short amount of time. Keep up the great work.

(FWIW, Two 3-pin MLX 2.54mm connectors, with ridges shaved, and glued back-to-back, make a perfect fit for the 6 pin JP1 - cost is practically zero - I paid $.99 for 10 of them).

Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: