JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to program Tivos with unique unit codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slocko

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how do i make code 0618 work with tivos that have unique remote addresses assigned to them?

i'm searching the forums now to see if i find the answer. just thought i'll ask here since this is the closest i have come to my question so far.

thxs.

indulis wrote:
AFAIK there is also the facility to set a Tivo into a different remote mode, so you can control up to 9 Tivos. In the PTV recorder setup guide (TiVo Series 1), if you set the remote to be "unit 0" it will control all Tivos, if you set the remote to be unit 1-9, only the matching TiVo will respond.

Messages and Setup-System Information-Remote address

Cheers,

Indulis

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're using the built in 0618 code, this code is set to unit code 0. If you want to control a Tivo that uses a different unit code, you will need to load your own upgrade with the right unit code programmed.
slocko

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thxs. I was afraid of that. Aren't these addresses just offsets of the original? I was hoping I could just add a number in the spreadsheet and have it work up the protocol for me based on the original.

Maybe in a future version.
slocko

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh. i found a keymaster file that someobody did over at the yahoogroups that lets you change the remote addresses. based on your original file. thxs!!!!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

slocko wrote:
Thxs. I was afraid of that. Aren't these addresses just offsets of the original? I was hoping I could just add a number in the spreadsheet and have it work up the protocol for me based on the original.

Tivo uses a modified version of the standard NEC1 protocol, the modification is that they have replaced the first 4 bits of the command code complement with a 4-bit unit code. When you select one of the Tivo protocols in KM it will automatically select this modified protocol and will use whatever unit code you enter. So no, it's not exactly an offset.

slocko wrote:
ahh. i found a keymaster file that someobody did over at the yahoogroups that lets you change the remote addresses. based on your original file. thxs!!!!!!

Now you're cooking!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: