JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Failed to upload to remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jpatterson

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:29 pm    Post subject: Failed to upload to remote Reply with quote

ALl.. I have used this forum over time and had great success making my remote behave exactly how I want them to.. Unfortunately, a remote died on me and so I thought I would just download the image (the last time I had all the tools installed was 2 laptops ago) with RMIR and upload it onto the new remote.

Download worked perfectly, all the devices and keymoves looked like what I remember setting up back in the day, but when I try to upload I get a writeRemote returned -1 and when I download, I get the error that there might be an issue with RMIR, instructing me to do a raw download and post the resultant file in this forum, which I am have now done...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14111
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need a little more detail. You've titled your Raw Download as 3033.ir which makes me think that you're expecting the remote to be an Atlas, but the actual signature found in your ir file is 3A393A39, and that is for an extended Comcast 1067BX3 remote.

One can only copy the contents of one remote to another if both remotes are the same model and have the same signature. Additionally, the remotes either need to be both not extended or both extended. So, what are you trying to do?
jpatterson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Q... ok, so all I am trying to do is clone my remote... I was thinking the remotes were identical.. (they have the same model # on the back, I am not currently in front of the remote, but I purchased the new remote thinking that as long as they had the same model number, I could just directly clone them). If that is not the case, I think I need to build an upgrade that mimics the one I currently have? I can do that, last time I built an upgrade it was the KM software, so I will need to find my way using the RM, which should not be too bad, I imagine.
jpatterson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following up... the new and old remote have the exact same look, same keys and both say 1056B01 on the back.. I did an image search for the comcast 1067Bx3 and that is definitely not the remote I have.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the Comcast signature had to come from somewhere. You uploaded a RMIR file from the original remote to the new one, right? Can you post that RMIR file?
jpatterson

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14113

thanks so much forhelping me with this
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As near as I can see the RMIR file looks fine. In order to clone this in to another 1056B01, the new remote needs to have extender 2.13 installed before you can upload this RMIR file.

I was incorrect before: The actual contents of your Raw Download in your first post in this thread is all zeros. (The Comcast 1067BX3 is mine, and IR.exe reverted to that because the file contained all zeros.) I wonder if your cable made a good connection? Have you tried downloading using RMIR again? If the remote really contains all zeros in the E2 area, it wouldn't be able to send any kind of IR, or even flash the LEDs when you press buttons. Does the new remote work at present?

Did you install the extender 2.13 to the new remote? If not, we need to get it into working condition, and then install the extender.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: