JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with Short Key Press on RCRP05B and Extender 1.05

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:12 am    Post subject: Problem with Short Key Press on RCRP05B and Extender 1.05 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm moving a discussion started over here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15765 to a new topic.

I'm trying to work around a problem I was having using LKP and Pause in the same macro. Based on mdavej's suggestion over in the previous thread, I aimed to move all the commands I had listed under "Long Press" to "Short Press", then add a couple commands to them per sirjp1 (again, previous thread) to make it work even better.

The problem I'm having is that RMIR doesn't seem to like to see anything under "Short Keys". If I clear out everything under "Long Keys" and then enter all the commands that used to be there under Short Keys, when I press OK, RMIR changes the special function to Double Key Press! When I edit that button again, the first two commands I had entered under Short Keys is listed under Single Key and the rest of them are listed under Double Key.

I've tried various contortions to try to force RMIR to accept the Short Key commands but haven't been successful. I even tried entering commands under Short Key one at a time, pressing "OK" then re-editing the device button again. When I enter the fifth command and press OK, RMIR changes to DKP! I'm stumped and would appreciate any help.

I posted my RMIR file here some time ago when I was trying to figure out how to get pause and LKP working in the same macro. I've given up on that. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12496

Thanks!

Ed
Ed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I developed a workaround for this problem and wanted to report it here for completeness.

As far as I can tell, RMIR will not accept more than 5 commands under Short Keys for this remote and extender, and even getting 5 commands in requires some contortion. In particular, I had to enter one command at a time and press OK, then edit again and add another command, etc. Once I got to 5 commands, RMIR decided to call it a DKP and re-arrange the commands in a strange way.

Although I'm curious about what is happening here, I worked around the problem by defining macros for all the commands I intended to place under Short Keys. That leaves me with only one command under Short Keys for all the devices.

Now, for my remote, a short press will turn on devices and configure them. Configuration is done both before and after a pause of 4 seconds, and thus it handles both "cold" and "warm" device configuration.

I still look forward to any insight.

Thanks,

Ed
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: