JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony RMT-V303 Device weirdness and IR - part 1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Juppers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't related to the new stuff, but IR doesn't work with one of my remotes in a happy manner. It is a Sony RMT-V303. If I load in a device, everything appears correct in the view of the device, but most of the buttons don't work, and the ones that do are all scrambled around, ie play is 1. The only way I can get devices to work is to make keymoves for every button and manually specify the function. This isn't limited to this particular V303, as I have another that dupicates this behavior. Any ideas?
e34m5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oooo...that one is way outside my knowledge....
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juppers wrote:
This isn't related to the new stuff, but IR doesn't work with one of my remotes in a happy manner. It is a Sony RMT-V303. If I load in a device, everything appears correct in the view of the device, but most of the buttons don't work, and the ones that do are all scrambled around, ie play is 1. The only way I can get devices to work is to make keymoves for every button and manually specify the function. This isn't limited to this particular V303, as I have another that dupicates this behavior. Any ideas?
Here is my guess. You may have created the upgrade in either RM or KM with one remote and/or device type but put it in IR on a different remote or device type..

For example, if it is CBL in RM or KM and you put it in IR as a TV it would scramble the buttons. Same if true if the remote in RM or KM is different than the IR remote.
Juppers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Juppers wrote:
Here is my guess. You may have created the upgrade in either RM or KM with one remote and/or device type but put it in IR on a different remote or device type..

For example, if it is CBL in RM or KM and you put it in IR as a TV it would scramble the buttons. Same if true if the remote in RM or KM is different than the IR remote.

I wish that was the case. The device codes work fine on other remotes, just when I put them on the V303, they go all goofy. I have rebuilt the devices completely for the remote, thinking something in translation was messing it up. Like I said, in IR under the device, the keyname, hex and EFC are all correct, but when written to the remote, are all wrong. If I make a keymove holding the button info, it works, but is real costly on the memory.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Juppers wrote:

I wish that was the case. The device codes work fine on other remotes, just when I put them on the V303, they go all goofy. I have rebuilt the devices completely for the remote, thinking something in translation was messing it up. Like I said, in IR under the device, the keyname, hex and EFC are all correct, but when written to the remote, are all wrong. If I make a keymove holding the button info, it works, but is real costly on the memory.
Why don't you put the upgrade and the IR file in a zip file and upload it to the jp1 diagnostics folder so we can get a look at it. Put a link here so it is easy to find.

Also, start a new thread with it so we don't confuse the other discussion that is going on here.
Juppers

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2004 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started a new thread on the v303 issue. Thanks for your help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: