JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

VPT Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
upsidedown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: VPT Question Reply with quote

I am setting up a 6131 with extender, and I have my VPT set for AUD. I removed the V_ command on the 6 device keys for the macros. But I still want to control the tv volume on the shifted volume keys for my sony tv.

I added a keymove on the shifted Vol+ and Vol- but it still does not control the TV volume. Is there something specific to the way the VPT works? (It is a sony TV, and I set up the shifted Vol+ and Vol- keys using EFC 76 & 80).

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In what device mode did you bind those keymoves?

I expect you used TV both as the device from which to copy the setup code and the bound device. You need to use AUD as the bound device.
upsidedown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bound them in the TV mode because I only want control of TC volume when my someone in my house uses the TV only. I want to be able to turn the volume down on the TV as I watch everything through the receiver.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upsidedown wrote:
I bound them in the TV mode because I only want control of TC volume when my someone in my house uses the TV only. I want to be able to turn the volume down on the TV as I watch everything through the receiver.

If I understand you correctly, you want something that may be tricky to set up in the extender. But do you really care what the shift vol keys do when you're not watching TV?

VPT in the extender controls both vol keys and shifted vol keys. You have the vol and shifted vol keys always in AUD mode. To make the shifted vol keys always control the TV vol, you would create keymoves bound in AUD mode to the TV vol commands.

But let me suggest what I think is a superior set up:

When you want to use TV vol keys you probably want to use then a few times in a row (adjust vol, listen a moment to see if you like it, adjust again) so you'd need to press shift again for each vol press. I find it more comfortable to give a shifted command which temporarily puts the ordinary vol keys in TV mode:

1) put the V_AUD in all the device macros, so any device key puts the vol keys back to normal.

2) make a macro of just V_TV on some key such as shift TV or shift Vol+

To use it, do that macro, then adjust TV vol, then press the device key of whatever nor mode (presumably TV) you were in before.

A similar trick is also useful for puting your VCR tracking controls temporarily onto the vol keys.
upsidedown

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2004 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. I had a feeling that the VPT controlled both the shifted keys and regular keys. Also, thanks for your suggestion!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: