JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender Code Calc - Request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2004 11:34 am    Post subject: Extender Code Calc - Request Reply with quote

For the life of me I can't remember who built this spread sheet so I will put out a general request to get it updated with the 8060 and 9960 extenders.

Thanks...
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added them and uploaded it as v2.14 (extenderCodeCalc.zip).
Nils, could you check if I did it right? I'm not quite sure because these remotes have some weired shifted keys and lots of conflicts in Xshifted codes.

BTW, how can I create an "Announcement" topic?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtakahar wrote:
Nils, could you check if I did it right? I'm not quite sure because these remotes have some weired shifted keys and lots of conflicts in Xshifted codes.?
I will check it out. Thanks..

You are right on the wierd part. I had to loose a few buttons to get the extender in.

mtakahar wrote:
BTW, how can I create an "Announcement" topic?
In whatever forums you are a moderator in the option for Announcement/Sticky/Normal will be at the bottom when you create or edit a note. Other forums it won't be.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hal

I uploaded an updated ExtenderCodeCalc vTEST for Hal.zip in the jp1 extender folder for you to look at.

I noticed a couple of buttons (CH+ and VOL+) were missing so I went thru the whole thing for the 8060 and 9960 and replaced the remote specific panels.

What I did was add all the shift buttons and the xshift buttons that were not in conflict with the shift buttons. In both of these remotes the xshift buttons are actually only used as extra buttons kind of like phantoms and have very little meaning other than 4 buttons that I handle differently in the extenders.
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils,

Thanks for the corrections. A perl script I wrote had a couple of bugs and they were causing the problems you mentioned.

I got some questions:

1. Have you (or anyone else) every tried the key codes FE and FF, and do they actually work? It's not that I saw a problem myself, but I've been avoiding them just instinctively. Never mind if they are working.

urc9960ex2:

2. Isn't "xs-Format{Replay} F4" a typo? In the RDF, Format{Replay}=$3A. I think it should be FA.

urc8060ex1:

3. In the RDF, the keycode of the "SP/LP" button is 40 (not $40), so my script put $28 there. Is that a typo in the RDF, or $40 is the correct key code? (If $28 is correct, Shift-SP/LP=A8, xs-SP/LP=E8.)

4. In your version, the following buttons have three key codes each. Do all of them work?

Shift-vol+ 44
Shift-vol- 45
Shift-ch+ 46
Shift-ch- 47

Shift-VOL+ 84
Shift-VOL- 85
Shift-CH+ 86
Shift-CH- 87

Shift-vol+ C4
Shift-vol- C5
Shift-ch+ C6
Shift-ch- C7

I'll upload the new version once these things get cleared.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mtakahar wrote:
1. Have you (or anyone else) every tried the key codes FE and FF, and do they actually work? It's not that I saw a problem myself, but I've been avoiding them just instinctively. Never mind if they are working.

I tried them once and believe they worked. I will try again but I would rather remove them just to be sure since I don't think they should work.

mtakahar wrote:
urc9960ex2:

2. Isn't "xs-Format{Replay} F4" a typo? In the RDF, Format{Replay}=$3A. I think it should be FA.

Yes, should be FA

mtakahar wrote:
urc8060ex1:
3. In the RDF, the keycode of the "SP/LP" button is 40 (not $40), so my script put $28 there. Is that a typo in the RDF, or $40 is the correct key code? (If $28 is correct, Shift-SP/LP=A8, xs-SP/LP=E8.)

Should be $28. I missed the fact that the $ was not there in the original RDF. Good catch

mtakahar wrote:
4. In your version, the following buttons have three key codes each. Do all of them work?

The simple answer is yes, but the names are confusing. If you change them to the following I will change the RDF to match.

There is a set of Vol+/--CH+/- and then a set of Shift-Vol+/-& Shift-CH+/- in the remote. So when we use traditional naming for the regular Vol/CH they become Shift-Vol etc. which conflicts with the extra Shift-Vol etc.

S-Vol+ 44
S-Vol- 45
S-CH+ 46
S-CH- 47

Shift-Vol+ 84
Shift-Vol- 85
Shift-CH+ 86
Shift-CH- 87

Shift-S-Vol+ C4
Shift-S-Vol- C5
Shift-S-CH+ C6
Shift-S-CH- C7
mtakahar
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I've uploaded new version with those changes.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good Hal......Thanks
mikemcgo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An addition that I would like to see is the addition of a button to the Breakdown tab that will copy the decoded commands to the Calculator tab for editting.

Also, on the "Keymove Calc" tab I don't get a dropdown list to select the extender. Typing it in works though. I also get "Invalid Bound Key???" errors for the following keys (2116ext2): shift-left, shift-right, shift-stop_eject, shift-scan{fav}, scan{fav}.

Keep up the good work!
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikemcgo wrote:
Also, on the "Keymove Calc" tab I don't get a dropdown list to select the extender.
Let me guess: you're using Excel 97? Unfreeze the window and the drop down will start working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: