JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Move my remote tools to network drive?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
irs009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:36 pm    Post subject: Move my remote tools to network drive? Reply with quote

My last computer with a parallel port has reached it's end of life. I have an USB interface coming from Tommy T.

My home office computer has my JP1 software on it. Everything is in a folder named 'Remotes'. In that folder are the following folders: IR,RM, and KM. each of those folders have the supporting software to make things work.

Now that I'm switching to a USB interface, I would like to be able to work on remotes anywhere on my network.

Can the 'Remotes' folder be moved to my network drive and still work, or would I have to re-install all of the software on the network drive?

Thanks for reading this, Jack
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works with a mapped network drive letter. You just have to point the programs to the new folders for the RDF and images, etc. IR isn't setup to handle UNC locations (i.e. \\server\folder). It will give a and I/O error 123 when you go in to "Set Directory" on the file menu. I don't know if it matters for the other programs.
irs009

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jetskier, I'm gonna give it a try when I get the USB interface...Jack
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: