JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 3000 & 3033 JP1.3 extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the workaround I am leaning towards on the D-ON/D-OFF thing is using PIP CH+ for D-ON and PIP CH- for D-OFF. I have NO circumstance in which I use the PIP feature on my TV (since it has only one input in use(HDMI), and its internal tuner is not connected to anything) - so I lose nothing by using those keys as my Discrete Power functions.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All

I've been testing V 2.01 of the extender for a good bit of today and am happy to report that things are going well.

What is in this version:

- I've increased the number of Phantoms to 10
- I've cleaned up the RDF's so that keys that can't be shifted or Xshifted are done right
- I've added a device/protocol for toggling the backlight on the 3033
- I fixed the "key held macro issue that has been discussed here

The bad news is that the fix for the key held macro issue has (I think) slowed down macro processing a good bit. I'm looking for other solutions to the problem but the remote pretty much is on its own on the key repeating part. (this did not just impact LKP's where it was reported but all macro processing will hold and repeat the first "real" key until the key that fired it has been released)

So, I'm hesitant to release V2.01 until I can figure out what is going on with key repeating. I've got a couple of the other experts helping me out on this one, and hopefully we'll come up with something soon.

If you would like to give 2.01 a try PM me but I will tell you that since keys were moved around this is recreating your configuration from sratch, Extinstall won't help you here. In addition, you may have to recreate again if/when I find another fix to the macro problem.

-bill

PS. The RS 15-13x remotes have the same issue, and will have the same solution to the key held issue. Once I get this one figured out, that'll be on my list of things to fix
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your efforts, Bill. FWIW, I vote for fast macros and living with the key held issue, if it comes to that. I'll test the backlight toggle whenever you have a chance to email it.

Dave
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Happy Christmas - belated V2.01 now available Reply with quote

I just uploaded V2.01 of the Atlas extender to the files area, same place as the old one.

I believe that I have solved the repeat key issue. I've looked at repeats for macros with the IR widget and think that this is it

This version moved a number of keys around in the key map so you CANNOT extinstall this into your V1.01 configuration as the keys won't make sense. I'd recommend starting from scratch. (if you are looking for a challenge, the pseudo keys shifted down 6 in the key map so the whole Dev_x stuff is off by 6 keys. You could certainly try to translate your macros and keymoves on those keys if you like. everything else should come through with no issues.)

What's in here:

- There are now 10 phantom keys
- I've included the backlight toggle protocol (3033 only)
- Cleaned up the RDF's to reflect key movement and other issues
- Fixed the held key issue reported here as LKP issue (but was an issue for all macros)
- moved the special protocol code into a hidden area in the E2 which frees up about 300 bytes for other upgrades

have at it everyone, keep those cards and letters coming.

Special thanks to mathdon and mr gumby who were instrumental in finding the solution to the held key issue without slowing down macro processing.

-bill

PS. Before you ask, I know what to do for the 15-13x extender so that one is next. (there is more in store for that extender as well....)

[/b]
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Bill,
I'll try and get to it this week!
I hope you had a Merry Christmas.

Best,
jeff
Evan_s

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I'll have to try downloading this and test it out on my 3033
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploaded V2.02

There was a bug discovered by mdavej on the RS 15-13x that also showed up on the Atlas extender. When I fixed the key held bug in 2.01 I introduced one that if the last key in a macro was a pseudo-device key, the entire macro would repeat.

This has been fixed in 2.02. There are no other differences

enjoy

-bill
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you downloaded 2.02 before 12:30PM 12/31 eastern time, you should go get a new version.

I forgot to turn of the debug conditional assembly in the source so the default macros aren't included (if you have the debug version you should see a macro on 7 and 8 that look something like CBL-9-9-9)

sorry about that.
(The RS 15-13x build was clean, I only forgot to turn off debug in the Atlas build)

-bill

Last edited by unclemiltie on Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can do a backlight toggle with a simple keymove now (thanks Bill!), but I've made a pretty convenient LKP's on the Video Source button for mine. If there's a simpler way, let me know.

- Make a keymove on CBL Phantom10 with Device type TV, Setup 1105, EFC 0 for toggle
- Make a LKP macro on CBL SOURCE with [Short]Shift-SOURCE;[Long]X_CBL;Phantom10
- Clone LKP macro for each device key (change CBL, to TV, etc.)

Phantom10 can be any key of course, so long as they match up in the macros/keymoves.

Thanks again Bill for all your hard work on these extenders, and Happy New Year everyone.

Last edited by mdavej on Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded a modified protocol for the backlight control here.
Code:
Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 F8 (S3C8+) Atlas OCAP 1056 Extender Backlight Control
 00 00 01 B6 65 01 08 03 37 0E 0B 37 00 05 46 65
 01 8B 03 56 65 FE 37 0D 03 F6 40 B0 AF
End
This protocol uses the hex command to select the desired funtion:
If bit7 = 0, backlight status is toggled.
If bit7 = 1, bit0 controls on/off status (1=on, 0=off).
If bit6 = 1, the backlight is updated without blinking the device LED.

The KM upgrade lists all the commands. I elected to assign functions to the volume & channel keys in the upgrade so I could use shorter (1-byte) key-type keymoves, but this is optional. The protocol will work with the standard TV/1105 upgrade.

Bill: I experienced some minor problems with the backlight. I had set up an LKP on each device button, and the DVD & CBL button would turn off the backlight. I got around this by calling a discrete-on keymove (no-blink) in each path of the LKP. I don't have a copy of the IR file, but I'll try to recreate it if you need it.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gumby

I did minimal testing on the backlight stuff, and the protocol is pretty simple. If you send me the source to yours, I can build it into a new version of the extender (and load the protocol code into the hidden areas where everything else is)

What I did for mine, was that since I wasn't use the PIP CH- button I made a keymove on CBL Phantom1 that controlled the backlight and then a macro on PIP Ch- that does a X_CBL, Phantom1.

But I do like the idea of some more control, so send me your code and I'll add it.

-bill
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The source to the protocol is in the PB file inside the zip file I posted earlier. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6060

My main reason for this was so I could set up a LKP for the backlight on/off instead of a toggle. It could have been done with a ToadTog, but this was simpler for me. Rolling Eyes
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated distribution

As of 4:10 EST 1/2/09, the file linked to in the base topic now includes Mike England's backlight enable protocol. The readme has been updated to reflect this change.

This is v2.03. There are no other changes
greenough1

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unclemiltie,
Regarding the issues I was having with macro stalling, your updated package, V2.03, works beautifully in my simple 3 device master bedroom. The issue of macro stalling is fixed. Thank you so much for your hard work. I think I owe you a beer (or 2)! Ever been to the first st. ale house in Livermore? Good selection of beers on tap and the best fries in town! PM me if you're interested.

One minor issue that's probably user error is the following. I assign the de-activate macro to shift+A. Sometimes, to deactive, it takes 2 shift+A presses. NB: setup is assigned to the setup key on my 1056 OCAP black backlite learner. The IR file is HERE .

Best,
jeff
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:18 pm    Post subject: Macro stalling redux: Issues with Extender Reply with quote

This file is my current OCAP secondary HT setup only SLIGHTLY modified from what I intend to use (when it works right). (I split the CBL device selection LKP into separate macros on CBL and shift-CBL, respectively for this testing. Similarly-designed device-selection sequences are called by short and long keypresses of the remaining device buttons.)

I am using the 2nd to latest version of the extender - i.e the one posted after12:30PM 12/31 eastern time - so there is one more recent version with the more flexible light timer, but I believe that this one was supposed to already fix the "stalling" problem.

For this, although my setup is pretty complex, focus on the CBL and ALL Power OFF (long press of POWER) macros. PIP Ch+/- are assigned as the Discrete ON/OFF functions in all cases, sometimes via actual function (TV, AUD, LD) and sometimes via ToadToag (CBL & DVD).

Symptom number 1:
During macro processing, as previously identified, only PART of the sequence executes initially, while the rest executes only AFTER I release the depressed button. Specifically, when I press and hold the CBL button, the first 2 actual commands (the discrete ON to the AUD and TV devices execute and then the remote "stalls" with the TV button illuminated, and when I release it, the remaining part of the sequence (CBL ON, TV and AUD input selection then execute.) At first, I thought that this might be related to the ToadTogs, since the "true" discrete ONs executed and the "next one" for the CBL box, was a ToadTog, but I disproved that, by changing the sequence. Also in the ALL OFF Macro (LKP on Power - Discrete OFF macro in every device mode), it again "stalls" on the TV signal. Every one of my macros "stalls" at the TV device step and only continues after I release the button. The exact same behaviour whether it's a straight macro (CBL) or called by an LKP (Power).

Quite frankly, I can likely live with this, since once the sequence starts firing, I have no good reason to continue holding the button, but I just wanted to report that the bug is not fully corrected.

Symptom/Problem number 2:
When I use the multiplexer, subsequent to its use, the CBL device settings no longer "take". By this, I mean as long as I do not "use" the multiplexer (execute a multiplexer function), CBL device selection works fine, but as soon as I execute EITHER of the multiplex functions VCR-F1 or F2), no CBL button assignments "take".

i.e. If I press CBL - the remote will operate my CBL device like it's supposed to. If I subsequently shift to the VCR device and use F1 or F2 to switch the VCR device to the "other" multiplexed device, I CANNOT shift back to the CBL device. When I press CBL, it LOOKS like it shifts, but any button press is actually sending VCR device signals (although the CBL button illuminates). It is ONLY the CBL device that is so afflicted. DVD, AUD and TV work fine after a multiplex operation on VCR, but CBL will not until I deactivate and reactivate the extender.

I have only one device multiplexed - using the F1 and F2 buttons in VCR mode to alternatively select the VCR (CBL/1148) or LD Player (CBL/0059). Disregard the ToadTogs I have created there. It is to track device state and I use the state of flag 2 to determine which AUD input to select. The problem is (imho) NOT related to that ToadTog (I had the F1 and F2 settings working directly without the ToadTog state tracking and the behaviour was the same.

Any ideas?

(Sorry to be posting so late Sunday night, as I was trying to get as much detail as I could identified to help with the troubleshooting. I will likely be unable to provide any clarification/retesting until about 24 hours from now.)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 4 of 13

Jump to: