JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Peculiar problem adding codes to Dream URC39930RJ0-04

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:37 am    Post subject: Peculiar problem adding codes to Dream URC39930RJ0-04 Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to learn my Dreambox remote v4 codes for a new tuner. Instead of codes for a TV, I want to have codes for a sat tuner. The TV code now is 0618 (Samsung) Can that interfere with the codes I want to enter from ir.exe?

Since this remote has no learning mode, I

1. Learn codes to a 7950 remote
2. Upload codes to IR.EXE
3. Copy hex codes from IR to text file.
4. Copy/Paste individual codes from text to respective buttons.

Now, what happens is that for most of the buttons, like the numeric pad et cetera, this works fine. But for some of the buttons like OK or Left, the code I enter is not what is being stored when I press OK.

It looks as if the first byte is changed: for OK, the first byte is 0C, but it is being changed to 1E.

Looking at the signal description I see that the OBC, Hex and Hex cmd codes are similar to another command even if the raw code data are different.

Well, the bottom line is that I am unable to get the proper function into some of the buttons.

Is this a known problem, is there anything I can do about it? Like location the right code sequence in the raw data and change it to what it should be?

I have tried clearing all learned codes and do the programming again from scratch.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your procedure doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't you build an upgrade the normal way in RM?
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Your procedure doesn't make any sense to me. Why don't you build an upgrade the normal way in RM?

Your suggestion may be good, but I was not able to find my way into how to use RM when I looked into the matter some months ago. I printed out and studied the documents Beginners's Extender FAQ, Hacking JP-1 Remote Controls, JP-1 for Beginners, The What and Why of JP-1, and don't know what more I could use.

That's the way it is, but I may try to fire up RM again and see if I can find some clues.

But the problem I've encountered is rather funny, don't you think?

Rolf
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't begin to predict what will happen when you edit raw hex in IR. There's a lot more to it than just the button codes. There could be multiple protocols, device and sub-device codes, etc. RM takes care of all those details for you. That's the whole reason KM and RM exist. RM is much easier and more effective than editing raw hex in IR. Forget all those other docs for now and work through the tutorial in 'JP1 - Just How Easy Is It'.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first byte in the raw learned data is the button keycode it is assigned to. This keycode varies between remotes. There is a pulldown menu that allows you to assign it to other buttons.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
The first byte in the raw learned data is the button keycode it is assigned to. This keycode varies between remotes. There is a pulldown menu that allows you to assign it to other buttons.

Aha!
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I already have this thread, hope someone still may read it:

I can learn all the codes that I need into the URC 7950 except for anything to the POWER button. Uploading to ir then, I get error message about something corrupt.

But I suppose that is just one of those things that have no solution?

The code(s) for a Samsung TV may be available, but I am in doubt about the HYRO 9000 HD sat tuner?

The same problem now applies to the -/-- and AV buttons as well. I can learn codes to the remote and they work as they should, but it is not possible to download them from the remote, so I am unable to save them for backup.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In IR.exe, select Advanced->Clean Upper Memory to remove old unused data from the learned data section. It resets the data to FF's. This should
allow you to download more learned data.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
In IR.exe, select Advanced->Clean Upper Memory to remove old unused data from the learned data section. It resets the data to FF's. This should
allow you to download more learned data.

I've done that - and I can learn the remote new data - and they do work! But when I try to download, then I get an error. But it just struck me, I can reset the remote entirely and learn the only the codes that I am missing, save them with ir and paste them into the current file.

That ought to work.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it just means the new learned data is being stored in a non-clean format and causing IR.exe to note it as corrupted. You may have to download the data in RAW format and upload it into the diagnostics file section so it can be cleaned up manually.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine, I wasn't aware that it is possible to download in the raw format. But I trust you and will check it out Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: