JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

There is a discrepancy between KM & RM, which one is cor
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jp1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: I hope these files help Reply with quote

Hey thank you for the latest posts. I have followed your instructions and uploaded three new files, A$ 15-1995.ir, A$ SAE.rmdu, A$ SAE.txt. I hope these new files will help uncover what I am doing wrong. When I try and use the upgrades, all of the number buttons work, the last channel works, but that’s about it. And the led still does not light when I press any of the other buttons.
jp1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Correct file names Reply with quote

Sorry I gave the wrong file names:

Hey thank you for the latest posts. I have followed your instructions and uploaded three new files, $A 15-1995.ir, $A SAE.rmdu, $A SAE.txt. I hope these new files will help uncover what I am doing wrong. When I try and use the upgrades, all of the number buttons work, the last channel works, but that’s about it. And the led still does not light when I press any of the other buttons.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tip to increase your chances of someone looking at these files for you. When you upload a file, go to the File Section, click on your file and copy the URL to that file. Then put a link to it in your posting. Someone can then click on that link rather than having to open another window/tab in their browser and find it manually.

To do this linking you type the first part of your sentence as normal and then type "[url=" followed by your pasted URL, followed by "]" and then the words that will be highlighted for the link. End with "[/url]". What you type would look something like this:

Please help me by looking at [url= paste your URL here ]this file[/url]. Thanks.

And what comes out when the posting is displayed is:

Please help me by looking at this file. Thanks.

Unfortunately I can't look at your IR file because I don't have the remote's RDF on my computer but that's my fault, not yours.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: Correct file names Reply with quote

jp1 wrote:
uploaded three new files, $A 15-1995.ir, $A SAE.rmdu, $A SAE.txt
Why do you have an IR file for the 15-1995 remote when you're trying to program the URC-4400 B02?

When you opened the upgrades in KM/RM, did you change the selected remote to the 4400 before pasting the code into IR?

What's puzzling to me is the the KM upgrade code you posted earlier
Quote:
Upgrade Code 0 = 05 C5 (Cable/1477) Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000HD (KM v9.12)
00 00 FE 6E CE E1 90 90 90 99 09 89 49 C9 29 A9
69 E9 19 06 85 F7 B9 79 E1 31 73 11 61 9F 37 41
D1 C1 21 6F 0F 8F F7 EF 31
KeyMoves
12 F3 05 C5 CF«play»¦09 F3 05 C5 A3«pause» ¦1A
F3 05 C5 97«rewind» ¦0A F3 05 C5 17«fast fwd»
¦11 F3 05 C5 2F«stop»¦19 F3 05 C5 AF«record»
End

contains key moves. However, when I open the upgrade and change the remote to the 4400, the key moves disappear and the resulting upgrade code looks like (without any modification to the button assignments):
Quote:
Upgrade Code 0 = 05 C5 (Cable/1477) Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000HD (KM v9.12)
00 00 FE FE FC 00 C1 90 90 90 99 09 89 49 C9 29
A9 69 E9 19 06 85 F7 B9 79 E1 31 73 CF 2F A3 17
97 AF 41 D1 C1 21 31 61 11 9F F7 37
End

Here at work I can't run RM so I can't compare its output to that of KM.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jp1,

Please try the upgrade in my earlier post and change the remote to match yours. All these files have several problems. The IR file doesn't open properly, as it's for the wrong model remote. The upgrades are also for the wrong remote. As Mark said, whenever you use an upgrade you have to pick the correct model remote in the drop down list in RM/KM, which should be "Navigator URC-44000-B02 Comcast". Similarly, in IR try starting with a new "Navigator URC-44000-B02 Comcast" file, then paste in your modified upgrade.

Last edited by mdavej on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the links to "jp1"s files:
$A SAE.txt - KM file
$A SAE.rmdu - RM file
$A 15-1995.ir - IR file

Having the files makes it easy to see what's wrong. Both the KM and the RM file have the "Radio Shack 15-1995" selected as the remote, whereas you should have selected the Navigator URC-44000B02 (as that's the remote you said you are using). Just in case you saved the files before you selected the correct remote, I compared the outputs that you posted with those generated by the programs and they are identical, so you really did try to load a 19-1995 upgrade into a different remote.

Furthermore, the IR file that you posted is also for the 15-1995, so you seem to be under the impression that your remote is really a 15-1995 for some reason.

You should read the following docs as they should help:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/ (the KM version)
http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/rm/ (the RM version)

When you connect your remote to your JP1 cable and download the memory, if you have stored the RDFs correctly, IR.exe will recognize your remote and will automatically select the correct RDF. The fact that you saved an IR file for the 15-1995 remote demonstrates to us that you didn't do this.

If you look at section 5 of the help doc above, just after image 4, you'll see that it says:
Quote:
Use the "Remote" drop down menu to change the selected remote to the remote you are trying to program. This is the only setting that you really need to change.

As to your question about why the KM and RM outputs are different, this is because you have different functions assigned to different buttons in the Buttons tab of each upgrade. In order for KM and RM to generate exactly the same upgrade, you would need to have made assigned the same functions to the same buttons in both programs.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: