JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC9960 Kameleon BETA Extender 1 & 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjatech wrote:

Correct, it's wont turn on the backlight from rest, but the motion sensor will keep the backlight on after i press a button to wake it up. I also notices not all button will wake it up.
Only iluminated and buttons with assignments will wake it up.

ninjatech wrote:
I have to say, since beta 3, my remote has not missed a single IR transmission. It is quite functional now =)
That's great to hear. Mine has been quite stable also.

I will have to get my hands on a later model to see what it expects for a motion detection during idle time.

Unless I hear an objection I am going to make an official release of this tonight or tomorrow. By the way, I got the scroll button in device macros working for those that don't like the base screen I set for device selection.
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Unless I hear an objection I am going to make an official release of this tonight or tomorrow. By the way, I got the scroll button in device macros working for those that don't like the base screen I set for device selection.

Good news on scrolling. If that works, I don't care how you set up the base screens (might cause less "trouble" to have them match the original remote, but I don't think it really matters much, and some of the original choices are odd).

Any idea about getting an O_HT command working? I'm looking forward to getting that HT screen back. Very Happy

Ken
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenyarnall wrote:
Any idea about getting an O_HT command working? I'm looking forward to getting that HT screen back. Very Happy
Ken

I just released version 1 with the scroll button in macro fix. I am planning another release in the not too distant future that should include the HT ilumination and the improved screen management. I just don't like the way either is working right now in my test version. Since it is stable I wanted to get it out so I could do some work on RDF's and Images that need to be done.
ninjatech

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I am all for the official release.

I want the O_HT more for my cable screen that anything else.

Anyway, I think it will also to be good to get feedback from the different revisions of the remote.

Thanks again for all your hard work!
poet99

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!

I am considering getting the URC-9960 and just read this thread from the beginning (along with the extender readme file). This is just great! While I still have more homework to do on this (understanding the extender), I can say that the work you guys did is making me lean towards this remote.

Nils, I see that you are planning to implement HT illumination in the a future version of the extender. Do you foresee any major difficulty in doing so?

Again, great work!

François
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poet99 wrote:
Nils, I see that you are planning to implement HT illumination in the a future version of the extender. Do you foresee any major difficulty in doing so?

Again, great work!

François
You do actually get home theater functionality with the remote but on the button selected by the O_ device in the device selection macro. All that is missing is lighting up the HT button. I have this in test right now just don't like the way it works and am trying to do it based on a command in the macro but just have not had a chance to finish it.
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
You do actually get home theater functionality with the remote but on the button selected by the O_ device in the device selection macro. All that is missing is lighting up the HT button.

Well, there's also the screen that goes with that button, which you can't reproduce with any of the other device selections. It's got more buttons than any of the other screens, and so is quite useful.

Ken
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kenyarnall wrote:
Well, there's also the screen that goes with that button, which you can't reproduce with any of the other device selections. It's got more buttons than any of the other screens, and so is quite useful.

Ken
Ken, I was not disputing that I was just pointing out that the HT functionality is there just not the button and therefore the screen. I am still tinkering with the HT ilumination and may not be too far away.
ninjatech

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Nils, just wanted to drop a line and see how it's going. I've been a bit busy, only skimming around here. I hope everything is going well! Let me know if you want me to test anything =)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjatech wrote:
Hey Nils, just wanted to drop a line and see how it's going. I've been a bit busy, only skimming around here. I hope everything is going well! Let me know if you want me to test anything =)
Alls well here. I should have a test version in a day or so. Been kind of busy with work so have not had much of a chance to work on anything. I do have the HT screen in test but I am not happy with the button validation so I need to tinker somemore.

Later
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ninja & Ken

I uploaded version 2 Beta in the jp1/files/Extenders/URC-9960 folder for you to test.

It now includes the HT screen and all device screens start at the same initial screen as the unextended remote.

I am still working on making the PIP/Menu/Surround buttons act the same way also but I wanted to get this up for testing
ninjatech

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/oEUHQJY15P92Ma-hwggCfpJJUKIh9IfNLsjOfThsNLvD9xXekdC7vhVTk1GS5CWmkRD56_Rp-NmZzvwSZk15C9dZzg3buin_xHctTg/Extenders/URC-9960/URC9960%20Extender%202%20Beta.zip

Attempt at linking the file above...

I'll load it up and let you know how it goes. In terms of coding, how did you make it mimic the original remote screens? Is it an internal scroll command?

I only ask because I liked all of the defaults that you had created before. The only one I changed was audio (to screen 3).

Thanks =)
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ninjatech wrote:

I'll load it up and let you know how it goes. In terms of coding, how did you make it mimic the original remote screens? Is it an internal scroll command?

I only ask because I liked all of the defaults that you had created before. The only one I changed was audio (to screen 3).

Thanks =)
Ninja, that link won't work for long. The Yahoo links are temporary so you have to hard code them. There is some info on this in the General section (I think)

Beta no longer available

The actual link looks like this with the - actually being a [ (had to change it so you could see it)
-url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Extenders/URC-9960/URC9960%20Extender%202%20Beta.zip]URC-9960 Extender Beta 2[/url]

In order to make the HT work I had to set the default screens in all devices. HT forces that so I had no choice. The Scroll command in a macro will still work to pick the screens you want but only a couple actually changed. Don't forget it takes 2 scrolls at the end of the device macro for the first bump then one for each after that.

From a coding perspective one of the parms the screen control requires is a screen number in one of the registers. The change was just to clear the screen number.

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ken & Ninja

I have uploaded a new release of version 2 Beta

Beta no longer available

1- This fixes the flicker when device mode changes.
    2- For HT to work the macro must include an O_ device
    3- If the HT macro includes more than just device group selection commands then the O_ device must be before the other commands in the macro or the HT screen won't work.

Ken, the PVR VOD button on the HT screen will not work unless the O_ keyset a device that it works in is in the HT macro such as O_CBL. The same is true of the record button and the T_ keyset, it must be one that includes the record button.

Last edited by Nils_Ekberg on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
kenyarnall

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Ken, the PVR VOD button on the HT screen will not work unless the O_ keyset a device that it works in is in the HT macro such as O_CBL. The same is true of the record button and the T_ keyset, it must be one that includes the record button.

Still not working for me. PVR_VOD is a keymove in the CBL device. My HT button is the macro

HT V_AUDIO;M_CBL;C_CBL;T_CBL;P_CBL;O_CBL;Macro1

The key works in CBL mode. If I push HT, that button does not work.

I've also tried putting a macro on pvr_vod, to no avail.

BTW, let me make sure of something. Suppose kamy.txt is my ir file for the extender 2, beta 1. I then download beta 2. I can install it by

extinstall 9960ex2.hex kamy.txt kamy-new.txt

Right?

Ken
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: