JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Comcast remotes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zellarman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Comcast remotes Reply with quote

I've been searching for JP-1 remotes on E-bay, can anyone tell me which Comcast remotes, if any, are JP-1?
Which models, are any mods required, etc. etc.
I'm really looking for a remote that's ready to go, unfortunately Robman isn't selling remotes anymore, and most sellers on E-bay aren't JP-1 savvy.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are pleanty of jp1 options available still. Are you specifically looking for jp1 remotes to use with an existing cable or just one in general and don't even have a cable yet?

All of the silver comcast remotes are jp1 of some variety or another. The newer ones are jp1.2 or jp1.3. I beleive some of the older non dvr ones are jp1 but it's kinda hard to tell what your going to get when you are buying on ebay. The remotes aren't bad but they are somewhat limited being only 3 device remotes.

The Atlas 5 -day remotes are currently pretty popular with board members for dvr style remotes. The Day varieties are all jp1.2 or jp1.3 depending on which one you actually end up getting. The Ocap version is always jp1.3.

I beleive Robman still sells remotes and cable he just can't be as prompt about it anymore because he's got lots of other things going on. If you can wait a couple weeks for him to ship it should still be an option.

If you are looking for a jp1 remote the 8910 is still available on amazon and other places.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The silver 3 device Comcasts, that you see on ebay, come in three flavors, JP1.1, JP1.2, JP1.3. None of them use the JP1 interface, they use the JP1.x or JP1.2 interface. I've got some new JP1.3 Comcasts for sale in the market place. I have some lightly used JP1.2 Comcasts available too. But I think you can do better on Ebay, than what I'm willing to sell them for.
Zellarman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks both! I'm looking for a JP-1 remote, that's what I have the cable for, not the newer .x versions. I'd rather give my business to Robman anyway, regardless of how long it may take.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: