JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OT - HD Converter Boxes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there an option in Replay to make it always send 3 digits?

Back to the proper codes for the CM7000, you didn't post your RID file, so I can't tell if you did anything wrong, so I created one myself that you can try out:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6257
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlv wrote:
Darn... I was hoping you tell me I must have messed up creating the RID file from the CM-7000 OEM remote codes you posted. How did you generate them?
I have not tried to create an RID file for this yet. The functions in my KM file were obtained from learned signals from the remote that comes with the CM-7000.

It does appear that you must have messed up somehow. If you were able to create a working RID file that included volume-up as the enter function, then it seems that it should also be possible to create one where enter is assigned as the enter function.
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Is there an option in Replay to make it always send 3 digits?

Back to the proper codes for the CM7000, you didn't post your RID file, so I can't tell if you did anything wrong, so I created one myself that you can try out:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6257

Yes, I've got it set to always send 3 digits (it's a 'fine tuning' option).

Sorry, I didn't want to upload it until it was working... but I did just upload it now. I actually uploaded a ZIP with both the OEM Remote RID, the modified 'volume up' RID, and yours. Your RID file and my are identical!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6258
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
It does appear that you must have messed up somehow. If you were able to create a working RID file that included volume-up as the enter function, then it seems that it should also be possible to create one where enter is assigned as the enter function.

The "vol+ as enter" upgrade was based on the CBL/0144 code, that you discovered as an alternate codeset supported by the CM7000. As you discovered, this code doesn't include an ENTER button, but jlv discovered that VOL+ works pretty much as a replacement for ENTER.

The problem with the number keys comes about when he tries to create an upgrade using the data that you learned from the OEM remote. Did you double check that your upgrade works? I suspect that there's a problem with RIDgen and if that's the case we'll need help from FlipFlop.
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely messed up with the modified C0144 RID file I made up above. It looks like I accidentally started with the OEM RID file.

However, the behavior I'm seeing with that file is also very interesting. It's certainly not triggering the volume-up -- in fact, it looks more like it's correctly sending an enter.

So, I was wondering. I copied the C0144 and C0533 RID files off my RTV5040 -- and they are different from the 4505 ones in the FlipFlop posted. Neither of the 5040 RID files have a code for ENTER in them! Other than that, they are identical.

I'm trying the unmodified C0144 from the 4504 now.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Did you double check that your upgrade works?
I'll have to actually try it again later, but I checked the original remote with IRScope just now, and it decodes the button as NEC1, Device 1, OBC 2, same as what I put in the upgrade. The captured signals look just like classic NEC1. This button in not marked on the remote itself. It is located to the left of the zero button, under the 7 button, sort of where one might expect to find a left-handed enter button.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does look as if I made one typo in the KM upgrade. The OBC for the num0 function should be 19, not 15. (Num8 is OBC 15.) I uploaded a corrected file.
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was concerned because I had too many files called C1000fi.rid and was concerned that I might think I uploaded a new one, when I really didn't. So, I gave the different files different numbers to be sure what I was testing (this meant minor updates to the ircodes & ircodesRaw files).

The result:
  • the C0144 from the 4504 still doesn't work for 'enter'.
  • the OEM remote codes all work except for the '0' (I think).
    This explains what I was seeing earlier, where 2-digit channels weren't working, while 3 digit ones are. None of my local stations has a 0 in their channel otherwise, so the only '0' my ReplayTV is sending is the leading '0'.
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
It does look as if I made one typo in the KM upgrade. The OBC for the num0 function should be 19, not 15. (Num8 is OBC 15.) I uploaded a corrected file.
Ah, that's what I just concluded! Now I don't need to try guessing a better value. I'll let you know in a few minutes!
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! That works perfectly. Very Happy

Thank you for OEM codes, Mike!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jlv, while you're here, I just created a new version of the CBL/0144 rid file that uses VOL+ in place of ENTER, could you give it a try...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6259
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've uploaded my working RID for the OEM codes to http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6258
jlv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
jlv, while you're here, I just created a new version of the CBL/0144 rid file that uses VOL+ in place of ENTER, could you give it a try...
Rob,
I created a modified C0144 RID this afternoon used VolUp, and it worked correctly. I downloaded yours it's identical to mine, so it should work.

Of course, given the working OEM codes that Mike has provided, there's no need to use this hack now.
jlv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:12 pm    Post subject: Sorry to bump this old thread... Reply with quote

...but my two CM-7000s recently bit the dust. I'm looking for suggestion on replacement OTA HD converters that take 3 or 4 digits to tune subchannels. This is what is needed to drive them via the IR blaster on my ReplayTV. E.g., the CM-7000 would take 71 and tune 7.1.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just buy another CM-7000:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/320891308766
http://www.ebay.com/itm/120900765867
http://www.ebay.com/itm/170828860671

Or get your units repaired:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230669930360
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: