JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

10820 - Is it still available?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jetskier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: 10820 - Is it still available? Reply with quote

I've searched and cannot seem to locate any in stock. Is One For All discontinuing them? They still are on their website. Are there any other 10 device remote out there that are JP1.2/1.3 compatible (real device buttons)? I have quite a few already, but they are starting to show a little wear and seem to get lost with the kids around.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen any of the 6820,8820 or 10820 since before Christmas. I'm not overly fond of the layout of these remotes, but they were great for capturing a large number of signals.

I've seen that there are new JP1.3 remotes from radioshack being discussed here,
the 15-100 8 in 1 with LCD,
the 15-133 Gamer
the 15-135 7 in 1 remote.

From what I've read, these all need major modifcations to be useful in JP1. I don't think any of them come with pins, and from what I understand the holes don't line up with the opening. Not to mention the device limit of 8. But since I'm primarily a JP1.2 gal, I haven't paid a lot of attention to the JP1.3s.

This all makes me feel better about the crazy way I stockpiled remotes last summer, but now I'm worried that they are all in one location! Rolling Eyes Embarassed Laughing

Does anybody know what's up?

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Evan_s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazon seems to have the 10820 in stock and it's still listed on ofausa.com in the premium line. Not sure why you aren't seem them other places.
jetskier

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seeing them everywhere online, but they are out of stock when you "add to cart".
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm seeing them everywhere online, but they are out of stock when you "add to cart".

Well, yesterday after I read this post I checked Amazon and it said currently unavailable, but today they seem to have them. Very Happy .

That's great and a steal at 16.99 since they are advertising the urc-6820 for 45.57!!!! Exclamation
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. I haven't seen any of the 6820,8820 or 10820 since before Christmas. I'm not overly fond of the layout of these remotes, but they were great for capturing a large number of signals.

I've seen that there are new JP1.3 remotes from radioshack being discussed here,
the 15-100 8 in 1 with LCD,
the 15-133 7 in 1 and
the 15-135 Gamer remote.

From what I've read, these all need major modifcations to be useful in JP1. I don't think any of them come with pins, and from what I understand the holes don't line up with the opening. Not to mention the device limit of 8. But since I'm primarily a JP1.2 gal, I haven't paid a lot of attention to the JP1.3s.

The radio shack 15-135 & 15-133 come with pins and they're easy to get to:

The 15-133
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The radio shack 15-135 & 15-133 come with pins and they're easy to get to:

Thank you Edmund. That made me breath a sigh of relief. I don't like the hardware aspect of JP1ing, and thinking that there was no remote that was ready to go out of the box always makes me feel a little nervous.

I guess it was the 15-100 that they had so much trouble with.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the 15-133 is the gamer, and 15-135 is the 7-in-1 learning. And there is no completed RDF for the 133 yet (that I know of). I've started a map for the 133 but can't finish until an RDF is done. The 135 RDF is in good shape. And it has an 8th phantom device and lots of phantom keys.

Both are $20 at the moment and periodically are on sale for $15.

The opening for the pins is pretty tight, so you do have to remove the outermost clip from your cable for it to fit. No big deal, just something to be aware of. So far I've been very pleased with my 135.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually the 15-133 is the gamer, and 15-135 is the 7-in-1 learning.

Thanks mdavej, I corrected my post.

Quote:
The opening for the pins is pretty tight, so you do have to remove the outermost clip from your cable for it to fit. No big deal, just something to be aware of. So far I've been very pleased with my 135.

I wonder about opening the case and just enlarging the opening. I hate to fiddle with my cable. My JP1.2 cable works 100% of the time, unlike my simple JP1 cable that takes 5 to 10 tries with all the battery tricks. As much as I depend on that cable for my extender work, I really don't want to do anything to make that cable unreliable!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I wonder about opening the case and just enlarging the opening. I hate to fiddle with my cable.

It wouldn't be easy. The plastic is pretty thick and forms a sleeve down to the board. Removing the outer clip from the cable is pretty harmless, but does make it possible to pull the connector apart and reduces the strain relief. So you would have to handle the cable more carefully. Perhaps if you superglue the parts together it would be about as solid as the original. I haven't had any problems.
jetskier

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an idea...

You could make a 6 pin male to 6 pin female extension for these remotes so you don't have to butcher the primary cable. The female end of the extension could be trimmed to fit the opening. THe male end could plug right into the primary 6-pin female with the strain relief in place.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: