JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding/entering codes in ir.exe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:36 pm    Post subject: Adding/entering codes in ir.exe Reply with quote

Hi,

I thought I would add a code to a shifted key on a 7950 remote. In ir, I find this code on a button under 'Learned signals':

#1 Protocol Device Sub-device OBC Hex Cmd EFC

1.... NEC..... 7.................. 7...... 67..... 3D..... ..171

I want to move that code into another, shifted button. I tried learning the code into a shifted button, but had some trouble making that work. Maybe my own finger trouble, but using ir would be much easier and safer anyway - if I could make it work.

So I click on 'Add', and enter device TV, key RED, Shifted, and the hex code.

But when I confirm, I get an error message about three things that are different. Without a user manual I am stuck there.

What should be entered to make it work? Why is there so little information about how to use the software?
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding/entering codes in ir.exe Reply with quote

Dreamzapper wrote:
I want to move that code into another, shifted button. I tried learning the code into a shifted button, but had some trouble making that work. Maybe my own finger trouble, but using ir would be much easier and safer anyway - if I could make it work.

So I click on 'Add', and enter device TV, key RED, Shifted, and the hex code.
If you have a working learned signal and you just want to change the button it is assigned to, click [Edit] and change it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark beat me to it, but here's the long answer.

Go to the learned button in learned signals in IR and click edit, and change it to any button or shifted button you like and upload it back into your remote. That's the easiest way to move the learned key. You may get a warning that the data has changed. That's ok. Just save the file and continue uploading. Keep in mind that you can learn to nearly any key and change it to whatever key you like in IR. You don't need to worry about the key move section at all.

Adding the learned code to a key move is more involved and requires an upgrade device using the same protocol, device and sub-device as the learned signal. If this doesn't make any sense, you need to review the RM or KM help files and get your head around the concept of upgrades and how to used learned signal data to build new upgrades or add to exisiting upgrades.

Last edited by mdavej on Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never tried to "Add" a learned key, but I've moved them by using the "Edit" command, and changed where they are located.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot! I thought it looked funny with an "Add" function for learned functions, but who am I to question the wisdom of a great program?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: