JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Which remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClarkJeff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaker.Guy,
Please PM me when you get a chance. Thanks.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with what has been said. The more you get into this stuff the more addicted you get. I have a variety of Atlas remotes and currently my main one is a 1055 because of the extender Vicky wrote for it. After getting some Long Key presses setup on it I really wouldn't want to use a remote with out them. Sometime soon I'm sure I'll start using my backlight OCAP remote but for now it's still in the play around with it stage.

It is true that none of the remotes are guaranteed to be around in a year. The jp1.2 and 1.3 remotes do seem to be where they are heading and I assume they cost less to mfg so I don't see any reason why that would change. As you can see tho the remotes can go through major changes internally with out much external difference like the atlas remotes have.

Personally when I got started I went with a jp1.2 cable since I had one of the comcast silver remotes and had decided I wanted to be able to upgrade it too. I originally picked up a 6690 and while it's not a bad remote and a pretty good deal at 10$ shipped I didn't really end up liking it in the end. Now I've become one of the many atlas fans and I'm just waiting for the jp1.3 extender support to to mature so I can use that.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClarkJeff wrote:
So, now I'm going on over to eBay to see what Atlas remotes I can find that support JP1.3... Thanks again!
Yeah, sort of implicit in what I intended was that most eBay sellers haven't a clue, and will be unable to clarify for you whether or not a particular remote is a JP1, JP1.2 or JP1.3.

Not dissimilar to vicky, I have an assortment, only a few of which I was absolutely certain when I ordered them as to what they really were.

Take a look at the Atlas guide to try to muddle through the confusion.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: