JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OCAP 1056 Learning Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Drizzt2k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:55 am    Post subject: OCAP 1056 Learning Problem Reply with quote

OKay I've been trying for a couple days to get my OCAP 1056 Remote to Learn, it accepts the input to go into learning mode, the device button blinks rapidly but as soon as I push a button on the learn from remote I get one long blink on the OCAP device and nothing happens. Anyone else have problems with this learning? I'll be buying a cable soon because apparantly it's the only way I"m ever going to get my Philips HTS 3555 Home Theatre system to work with any other remote control. ANyway, thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you certain that your variant is a learning variant? They all have the software to learn, so it will seemingly go into learning mode, but without some extra hardware components on the PCB, it is incapable of learning. What is the complete model number in the battery compartment and what is silkscreened on the back of the remote?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Drizzt2k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Manual says it is a Learning remote, but here is the information you requested Silkscreen on the back is 1056B01, Battery Compartment is 10566BA1-Q-XX-001-0001-001-R
Underneath that it says A072601

Thanks for the assistance.

EDIT: Oh yes, it also 2 bulbs in the front one obviously for the IR out I can only assume the other one is for IR in, of course we all know what happens when we assume don't we? THanks again
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

all the atlases I've seen have 2 bulbs even when they don't have learning. I assume its to give them a better IR signal.
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Model number you supplied indicates that it is NOT a learning model, the manual notwithstanding...
All of the learning ones I have say 1056B01-L
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two IR LED's is immaterial, as Evan points out. The silkscreen label, however IS meaningful. Every learning 1056 I have seen is silkscreened 1056B01-L, the -L being the differnece between the learners and non-learners.

As for battery compartment labelling, I've not seen one with your label.

My learners have 1056BC1-BLS or BLX (Silver is S, Black is X).

The non-learners are 1056BG1-XXX. Again I find the presence of the letter "L" on my learners' label suggestive, and your remote lacks that.

Complicating this attempt at distinction is the fact that all of my learners are backlit, whilst the non-learners are not, so any differences is labelling may be attributable to EITHER the learning capability difference OR the backlighting difference, or BOTH.

One puzzling aspect of your initial post is:

Drizzt2k wrote:
but as soon as I push a button on the learn from remote I get one long blink on the OCAP device and nothing happens
Does this happen as soon as you start pressing the OEM remote button? or does it just happen after a while, like a time-out expiring? If the former, then it would appear that the Atlas is indeed detecting a signal, but seems unable to process it. I suggest you're seeing the latter, in which the learning sofware times out and gives up, since it's detecting nothing.

I would wager based on the silkscreening that yours is not a learner (unless it has learned from OTHER OEM remotes and just this Phillips device is finicky). The manual may just be a generic UEIC manual. Is it tailored for your remote (cable provider name on it?)

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have both manuals. The one that came with the learners specifically says learning, while the other one does not...
Drizzt2k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I just attempted learning again to verify what it does This is the steps I go through and the restuls. First I press the device button I want to program (DVD) then a push and hold setup until the Device button blinks twice. At that time I type in 975 and the device button blinks twice. THen I press setup again. I then press the button I want to program (Volume +) and it blinks rapidly. Just to check if it's timing out or just having an error I let it blink until it timed out (5 seconds) and then I tried pushing the button immediatly after goign through the setup again as it turns out it just times out. So I can only assume this remote does not have the learning hardware which is unfortunate. THanks for all your help and I suppose looking for timeout should've been something I did from the beginning. I suppose on to another question, where could I buy one of these remotes that has the learning function? I really need to get this HTS 3555 working as I use it for my audio all the time and i don't like having two remotes. Thanks again for all the help!

-John
Evan_s

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The atlases can be hard to specifically get a learning remote since they pretty much come how ever the cable co wanted them setup. You don't how ever need to have learning on this remote to get it controlling a device that doesn't currently work.

First is there any even partially working built in code? If there is we may be able to help you get it working with out even a cable.

With a cable we could get you working with out even a partially working code. If there is an already created upgrade that could be uploaded with out any learning ability in this remote.

Worst case with no built in code and no existing upgrade that works you would just need any learning remote to learn buttons and build your own upgrade for the ocap remote. It's probably cheaper and easier to get another jp1.x learning remote than it is to try and find a learning OCAP.
Drizzt2k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I can get it to turn off with the programmed codes for philips DVD which is 1354, Now here's the Kicker. This system has a few different inputs. It has DVD Radio TV AUX/DI MP3 Line-In and Dock. 1354 Will operate All needed commands in DVD (Pause Play Stop Rewind FF VOL+/- Mute) It will also operate the Volume +/- and Mute commands in DOCK mode (Dock for an Ipod) and in MP3 Line In, Basically Every mode this Home Theatre System has EXCEPT for AUX/DI and TV (TV is RCA inputs and AUX/DVI I have hooked up with Coaxial Digital Audio cable) now in the interests of attempting to be thorough I have tried all the codes for Philips from the Audio Amplifier, Audio Recievers, and Audio Accessoriesunderneath the AUDIO device on the remote and got no action on any of the volume or mute keys on the Philips device while on AUX/DI or TV. Hope this helps
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have selectively unlocked the volume locking feature. Fortunately you are dealing with an Atlas and you can see right away which device controls your volume when you press the volume key.
Drizzt2k

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have already unlocked the Selective Volume so I can use it with whichever is the chosen device at the time. Once I fix this I will lock it to whichever Device starts controlling my volume the right way! heh
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 2 left. $25 each including Priority Mail shipping...1056 OCAP, black, backlit, with learning, batteries and manual.
PM me.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The learning procedure on my URC-10820 remote says to press SET-975(LED blinks twice), Press device key(DVD), Press the desired key once(LAST for example and the LED will blink rapidly). Then Press the original remote. Press and hold SET(LED blinks twice) to end the learning session or press another desired key to learn to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: