JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No data found in signature. IR 6.15

View previous topic :: View next topic  
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: No data found in signature. IR 6.15 Reply with quote

I used my URC-8910 to learn signals from the remote of my Pansat 9200 HD satellite receiver. My URC-8910 confirmed learned signals with the word "success" but when I try to download the learned signals using IR 6.15 I get the following message: "No data found in signature. This indicates that the interface is not working properly (unless you have manually cleared the signature bytes, in which case it's normal). Do you want to cancel the operation?

If I click No I am asked to select the remote type from a list? Which I did?

I eventually succeeded in having IR 6.15 download the learned signals but except for the first two Power and Menu for which I have the protocol Nec1 and the OBC, the Hex cmd and EFC codes I get the frequency and a long streak of + and - numbers like +9052 -2230 +558 -96314, etc.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't tell from your description what is wrong with the signature in your 8910's eeprom and/or with the way you are reading it into IR.exe. Maybe some other expert has more insight. But I understand the learning problem:

During the learning process, you are pressing the button on the Pansat remote too soon.

Many protocols are not picky about that error (just give you a slightly dirty learn) but with NEC1 protocol, that error gives you garbage.

You should press the button on the Pansat remote only after you see that the 8910 display says "Learning".
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:25 pm    Post subject: No data found in signature. IR 6.15 Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
I can't tell from your description what is wrong with the signature in your 8910's eeprom and/or with the way you are reading it into IR.exe. Maybe some other expert has more insight. But I understand the learning problem:

During the learning process, you are pressing the button on the Pansat remote too soon.

Many protocols are not picky about that error (just give you a slightly dirty learn) but with NEC1 protocol, that error gives you garbage.

You should press the button on the Pansat remote only after you see that the 8910 display says "Learning".

Thanks.

Can you tell me how to clear the memory of my URC 8910?
irs009

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MFG reset

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4057
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: No data found in signature. IR 6.15 Reply with quote

doucetlaurier wrote:
using IR 6.15
You really should upgrade to the latest version of IR.
doucetlaurier

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: No data found in signature. IR 6.15 Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
doucetlaurier wrote:
using IR 6.15
You really should upgrade to the latest version of IR.

Hi

I updated to the latest version of IR and I now have a working file for a device that is not listed in the device forum. I would like to share it with the users of this site but I have never done it.

Could you explain how to save and upload the RM file I created?

Thanks
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Click on the link to "File Section" (near top of this page) & then to Device Upgrades, Satellite. Next click the "Upload" button. Give the filename as "Pansat 9200 HD satellite receiver" or whatever is appropriate. Enter a brief, but informative, description; I'd suggest something like "xxx protocol, Dev nn, Subdev nn. All buttons learned plus some discrete codes for AV inputs that I found". Add your moniker*. Tick the radio-button next to the RM logo. Click on "Browse" to find your file. Click "Add File" to send the upload.

*q.v. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moniker
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: