JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hitachi DZ-MV750MA DVD Camcorder

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: jp1 code for Hitachi DZ-MV750MA dvd camcorder Reply with quote

1. Device: Hitachi DZ-MV750MA DVD Camcorder
2. Type of device: DVD camcorfer
3. Year:200?
4. JP1/UEI Remote model:OFA 8910
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? YES
6. Still have original remote? NO
7. Checked the file section? YES
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? YES
9. Partially working setup code? NO
10. Learning remote question? N?A

I need the jp 1 codes that will replace the remote code for Hitachi model dz-rm4w remotefor control unit for the DZ-MV750MA dvd camcorder as can't find the original remote anywher
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One long shot possibility is to email Hitachi customer support, tell them you want to use an advanced universal remote control and ask them if they have any technical information on the IR signals understood by their Camcorder. There is no reason to confuse them further by saying you need the info in a form usable by JP1. If they give you info in any meaningful form, the experts here can translate it. The main piece of information they have that we would need is something they probably call the "custom code". It might help if you ask them to include that in whatever information they can send you about their IR signals. Even if we had just the custom code, it should take only a moderate amount of experimentation to find the whole code set.

Odds are your email won't reach anyone who has a clue what you're talking about. But occasionally someone gets results by that method.

I can't think of anything else to try.

If any of the people likely to read your request here had the information you're requesting, they would have posted a JP1 upgrade for it before even seeing your request.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I glanced thru the DZ-MV750MA DZ-MV780MA pdf manual and it mentions that the remote control(DZ-RM4W) is only included with DZ-GX20MA and DZ-MV780MA models. It also mentions that it uses the VCR2 code set used by Hitachi VCRs and warns you to change the code set of the VCR to something other than VCR2 if you have a VCR nearby.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the owner I bought the the camcorder from sent me the complete inventory list included with it and it does include the remote control unit for it said the original one he had was broken on a trip he made and there is a remote sensor near the back of the camera for it as well
I couldn't find the owners pdf on the Hitachi website how could you have it I do have the owner manual and its a big book I also contacted Hitachi customer support and they never responded back yet and its been over two weeks
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
it uses the VCR2 code set used by Hitachi VCRs

That's probably all we needed to know. (I'm surprised the user manual was so helpful).

I didn't check our file area yet to see if anyone posted an upgrade for Hitachi VCR2 (OFA setup code VCR/0166, which is not in the 8910), but I assume there is some upgrade for some Hitachi VCR (OFA setup code VCR/0042). That would be an easy starting point because all the EFC numbers are the same. Only the subdevice number is different.

Hitachi VCR1 is NEC1 with device 96, no subdevice.
Hitachi VCR2 is NEC1 with device 96, subdevice 158.

The CCF files I found have the record signal and maybe a few others in a different device code (97). So after you get the basics working, we may need to explain how to use external functions from a helper upgrade to get the last few things working.

Also, a camcorder includes a few important functions that a VCR lacks. Hopefully those use the same device and subdevice code. But that still leaves us guessing at the OBC numbers. Likely, you will need to make one or more test upgrades with a bunch of OBC numbers that aren't used by the VCR and try each to see if it is a camcorder function.

Edit: I was wrong about our file area as well. The only Hitachi VCR upgrade there is neither their usual VCR code set nor their VCR2 code set. It is a code set of a different brand. I guess Hitachi branded some VCRs with that other code set. I doubt they manufactured such VCRs.

I'm sure someone here can give you a VCR/0166 upgrade (VCR/0042 with just the subdevice changed). I might find time later myself if no one else jumps in.

BTW, I hope you have whatever is necessary (maybe the cable to connect it to a TV) to test the VCR functions of the camcorder. It's best to make sure the VCR2 signals for play, stop, rew, etc. work as expected before looking for the camcorder specific functions.

Last edited by johnsfine on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at the manual from http://www.retrevo.com/samples/Hitachi-Camcorders-manuals.html and it mentioned that the infrared remote control sensor is at the front, right underneath the lens. Perhaps your model only has a line control and not the remote control? You should look thru the manual to verify your model has the infrared remote control sensor.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uploaded a .rmdu file for Hitachi's VCR2 code set:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5215

Please test that and please report back your results, especially the meanings of any other OBC numbers you might find while looking for camcorder specific functions.

I tested it with CaptureIr and see that even though Play and Record seem to be the same signal in the functions list, they are sent differently. Record is sent with Device 97, subdevice 159 (just as it was in the CCF files I found).

I either forgot or never understood the operation of the Parm value 0x24. I think that must be what generates the special behavior of the record button. So for just one function per upgrade having the alternate device numbers, you don't need the helper upgrade I expected you to need. But if you needed functions with the alternate device numbers on buttons other than REC, you would need the helper upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: