JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

What Remote do I need to replace DM7000 dream remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gnud

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: What Remote do I need to replace DM7000 dream remote Reply with quote

OK, I have a Dream Multimedia DM7000 but have lost my remote. I am in Santa Clara, Chile and am wondering which replacement remote I can buy.
Do I need to buy a JP1 remote with the same processor as the dream remote? Can I buy any that have the same size eeprom?
Is the RadioShack 15-100 JP1.3 remote a good choice.

I Need to make a remote with out the original.

any help would be greatly appreciated
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know you can buy an original replacement? That would save you a lot of hassle, at the cost a few bucks more.

Rolf
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to buy a JP1 remote with the same processor as the Dreambox remote. If you don't have a JP1 cable or a JP1.2 cable, you'll have to check that there is a built-in setup code to support the Dreambox first. If you do have a JP1 or a JP1.2 cable, you should be able to upload a device and protocol upgrade to any JP1/JP1.2/JP1.3 remote to support the Dreambox.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: 7950 comes with setup code for Dreambox! Reply with quote

Hi, I forgot, only a couple of days ago I received a URC 7950, entered the first code from the booklet, 1237 and it works like a charm on my Dreambox 7020. And I believe the 7020 is not much different from the 7000.

There are three models, the 7930, 40 and 50 - the difference seems to be only in the number of devices supported, as reflected in the number of device select keys at the top of the unit.

Slightly negative in my opinion is that the keys are not as good as on the original remote, a somewhat more rubbery feel and a little less tactile feedback. On the other hand, the IR output may be a little stronger.

This is perhaps an European model, I don't know if any compatible US model is available. OFA support ought to be able to tell.

The 7950 is a learner too, so I was able do some tricks to make it handle both my TV and DB in a manner that I like.

Rolf
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: