JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas URC-1056 (OCAP) remotes on eBay
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Atlas URC-1056 (OCAP) remotes on eBay Reply with quote

Noticed this listing. $12 shipped ain't too shabby for this JP 1.3 remote.

I'm not the seller, but I have a vested interest in getting as many JP1-ers as possible using this remote, since that will facilitate faster testing and optimization of unclemiltie's extender.

"Which is good for me, Al Franken."

Plus, I just think it's a really nice remote. Layout, number of keys, etc.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shipping on the first one is $4.99, each additional $1.99, and he has 15.
Evan_s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that yellow box around the F buttons and the on demand button is pretty dam ugly. Wonder if you could remove that some how.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evan_s wrote:
that yellow box around the F buttons and the on demand button is pretty dam ugly. Wonder if you could remove that some how.

Not as ugly as the ORANGE box on the Time warner. Its funny but I have another remote with a RED box and its so much more acceptible.
greenough1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine has white boxes Wink
speaker.guy
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Evan_s wrote:

Not as ugly as the ORANGE box on the Time warner. Its funny but I have another remote with a RED box and its so much more acceptible.

Is this THAT important? Would the remote work better if it wasn't there? Would it really cause you to not use it?

It's only a remote, you know!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

speaker.guy wrote:
vickyg2003 wrote:
Evan_s wrote:

Is this THAT important? Would the remote work better if it wasn't there? Would it really cause you to not use it?

It's only a remote, you know!

Functionality and button layout is the most important thing in a remote, and these Atlas remotes have a VERY nice layout. I liked them well enough to buy them, buy a Jp1.2 interface, and spend hundreds of hours writing an extender. However, if they were a little easier to open, I'd take the top covers off and paint them all! They are butt ugly remotes!
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Evan_s wrote:

You're all talking about the F1, OnDemand, and F2 buttons that each provider tailors as desired. If you have one of these remotes, you will upon inspection discover that those three buttons are surrounded by a rectangular (rounded corner) recess, and the "colors" which some find so offensive are simply an adhesive-backed stencilled stick-on that is quite easily removed, revealing the lovely natural black (or silver) background of the base remote cover, so don't sweat it if that's the only thing giving you a migraine! Rolling Eyes

For example, on the 4'th an 5'th remotes pictured here, the rectangular backing around those three buttons (yellow background and orange background with "INT" on the silver Sunflower remote, and the black background with "Sports" and "Weather" labels) comes right off to reveal no labels or colors at all.

But overall, I'm here to tell you that you'll be hard-pressed to find a remote with as many buttons. You've got all of the expected "regular" buttons (except perhaps one labelled "Audio" or "Surround") but simply the number of "paired" buttons (Up/Down or +/-) is double what most remotes have. Page, Day, Vol, CH, and PIP Ch. Then you have effectively 7 un-dedicated buttons (four-colored A-D, and the F1, OnDemand and F2), PVR buttons and LIST - a total of 62 buttons! (In my case, FOUR of my components have either R, G, Y, & B or A-D buttons, so those are REALLY key ones to have)

The only downside I see is only 5-devices - I could really use a few more, but the extender has Device Multiplexing, so even THAT has a workaround.

DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Amazon Firestick
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_s wrote:
The backing peels off easily.

Amazon Firestick
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a nice remote and nice layout. Especially the Ocap with the extra buttons for D and settings. Even better with the ugly stickers now pealed off. Unfortunately the cable MFG logo doesn't seem to be a sticker. O well thats a lot less annoying than the yellows and oranges.

The only ding I will give it on the layout is the source and PiP buttons are pretty close to the bottom of the remote making them a bit hard to use while holding the remote. PiP i don't imagine is used much by most so they are fine there but source is much to commonly used a button to be down there. I've got LPK macros on the device keys that handle input switching so it really doesn't bug me but with out those it would be an issue.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evan_s wrote:

The only ding I will give it on the layout is the source and PiP buttons are pretty close to the bottom of the remote making them a bit hard to use while holding the remote. PiP i don't imagine is used much by most so they are fine there but source is much to commonly used a button to be down there. I've got LPK macros on the device keys that handle input switching so it really doesn't bug me but with out those it would be an issue.
Yeah, I don't use any of the PIP buttons directly, just as "placeholders" for certain macros I ultimately use in LKPs (It's handy to have a "real" button to test a particular function sequence rather than relying on phantoms).

Also, I have chosen to put the extender "Deactivate" function (a new concept in extenders) on the "PIP On/Off" button. It seems to be a far-enough-away location that it won't get inadvertently pressed (I may go to "shift-PIP On/Off" if it becomes a problem)

Amazon Firestick
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The PIP button location on all of the current JP1 and JP1.x remotes make them difficult to use. That's why I can't pry the 7800 out of my husbands hands. That remote had a nice layout, but not enough keys for the newer devices.
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On these remotes, what are folks using for shift (the default setup key)? With the 8811 and 8910, I've gotten used to using the HT key in the middle as the shift. In my setup shift+device executes start-up macros as my display takes for ever to power on and begin responding to IR commands.

Evan, which ocap remote are you talking about wrt LKP?

jeff
Evan_s

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Currently not using an Ocap with LKP. My normal main remote is a 1025 with vicky's extender running. I plan to start playing with the Beta extender soon if I can find some time.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my extended Atlas, I use the FAV button for Shift. I like that location a little better? In the JP1.3 is UncleMiltie preserving the FaV key?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: