JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Denon Combo Protocol 0047 not Compatible with 8820
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the Denon KM file here and within KM, selected the URC-10820 remote and copy-n-pasted the Device Upgrade into IR.exe as well as the above Protocol Upgrade and learned the signals on a Atlas5 JP1.3 and it decoded it as Denon with the correct OBC number. I did the same using an Atlas5 JP1.2 and that signal also decoded as Denon with the correct OBC number. The non-hacked version inverts the OBC number.
markdesmarais

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky- that did the trick!! Thanks man!

This will let me carry on, now how do I save it into my Denon.txt file?

Markd
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garypen wrote:
I just learned the commands directly to the 8820 from the Denon remote, as a temporary workaround. Unfortunately, IR.exe won't let me download from the 8820 after doing that.

I've uploaded IR7.09 which does more checking of the learned data for format errors. It should just terminate learned data parsing if it finds an error. The pop-up msg also suggests doing the Advanced->Clean Upper Memory option to clean out old learned data and relearning the signal. You can also enable the "Raw Download" option and do a raw download and save the .IR file and an expert can look at it.

markdesmarais wrote:

This will let me carry on, now how do I save it into my Denon.txt file?
Markd

You can probably save it in the Notes section for easy reference. Eventually, it will be incorporated directly into KM and will automatically be shown in the Protocol Upgrades section of KM.
markdesmarais

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I'll do that. Thank you again!
garypen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Binky! I'll check it out. (Although, I will most likely be getting rid of the 8820, if the Harmony works out.)

EDIT: After I cleared the remote, and re-learned the commands, they downloaded and appeared in the learned commands section of the new IR app.

Also, the changes to the Denon Combo protocol HCS08 section of protocol.ini did work. I was able to add my Denon RM device file and upload to the remote. Then, I learned the two Denon-K codes I needed. ("USB/Net" and "Return")

Last edited by garypen on Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
garypen

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, has anyone figured out how to make it so the Denon protocol and Denon-K protocol commands can work together, using some sort of "combo" protocol?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way to use Denon and Denon-K protocols together is to upload two different device upgrades. One would be primary and the other one could be a dummy upgrade with no device keys mapped or a full upgrade. You would then use keymoves to map the secondary upgrade into the primary upgrade.
garypen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, the best way would be a Combo protocol that could handle both in the same device, so that one could use a single device upgrade file.

But, your idea seems like a relatively easy workaround until the above can be accomplished, that is, if it can be accomplished.

If I keep my JP1/1.x remotes, I might try it. OTOH, it's just as easy to learn the 2 or 3 Denon-K commands.

Keeping JP1 will depend on how I feel about that new Harmony 550. I've only had it at home for one day, so I don't know yet. I do have a love/hate relationship with the software, though. (Mostly hate.)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm doing some updates to RM, and I want to incorporate this update to protocols.ini. But I'm not clear what the final version is.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
kupakai

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:
OK, I'm doing some updates to RM, and I want to incorporate this update to protocols.ini. But I'm not clear what the final version is.

I'd like to suggest a couple of fixes and changes for protocols.ini. What would be the best way to do that? Can I send you the parts of the codes that I think needs changes?
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A PM would be fine.

In general, I suggest that anyone with a specific, detailed, change needed to protocols.ini either post the details in the most recent RM release thread or send me a PM. I just can't keep up with all the other threads.
If there is a thread that would help me understand the need for the change, it would be nice if a link to that thread were included in the change request.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The final version is here. You can add it to the Denon Combo section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: