JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Question about the 15-2117 extender

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mr Z|P

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 9:42 am    Post subject: Question about the 15-2117 extender Reply with quote

I'm not sure If I installed the extender correctly, but I tried to use the special hacked replay code that I used in my 1994 and just changed the remote type in KM to 2117. Everything seems to work, but the Scan FAV button which is the ReplayGuide menu button still does the SCAN Feature.

1. do you need to activate this extender, didnt see anything mentioned.
2. Is it valid to use a config from another remote and just change the remote type, or does the buttons have to be looked at more closely for shifted keys.
3. Do I even need an extender or is there another option for mapping over the ScanFav button.
4. If someone has a working config file with replayTV and extender for the 2117/2116 can they upload it so I can use that as a starting point.

thanks Confused
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You do need to activate the extender if you want to use it. I think that must be somewhere in the extender's documentation.

2. Don't know what you mean by "config". A KM file can be used by just changing the remote type, but the results may not be perfect and you're better off reviewing the buttons sheet than assuming.

3) You don't need the extender to use a ScanFav hacked protocol, in fact such a protocol is likely to be incompatible with the extender. You also don't need a ScanFav hacked protocol to map that key if you are using an extender. It's easier to just use a keymove.
vasqued2
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To activate the extender on the remote, you must press the Power key while the TV device is active. See the Install.txt file for details.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: