JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PHILIPS DVDR3575h/37 dvd recorder w/hd
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maku

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: PHILIPS DVDR3575h/37 dvd recorder w/hd Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5063

I downloaded your .rmdu file...downloaded remotemaster...opened it in remotemaster...changed the remote to "Slingbox with UEI JU Chip"...and the other 3 afterwards...exported the binary upgrade...copied the file: Y1010_JU, PL, PK, RV respectively to the slingmedia/SBAV folder.

Loaded up the av setup wizard in sling. selected, philips, dvd player, other model, and then put Y1010 in the Alternative option for Control Code....but when I hit POWER to test..nothing happens.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? I really want to get my DVR working with Sling. I have the Slingbox Pro v.2 IR blaster. Thanks for you help.
Maku

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm a desperate man...please help....please...
irs009

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maku, You may not be getting help because you're in the wrong forum. Try the 'Slingbox' forum...Jack
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just moved his posts to the Slingbox forum
Maku

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you...for moving it, i didn't realize i was in the wrong place.

Is there a kind slingbox soul that can help me?
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UEI PL and UEI PK chips use 0058:2 variant of the RC-6 protocol. The UEI JU chip uses 0058. Can you open in a text editor like NotePad the file BINPL (Slingbox with UEI PL Chip).rdf in your RDF directory?

Go down to the [Protocols] section and change 0058 to 0058:2.

In RM, when you change your remote type to 'Slingbox with UEI PL chip', you should see 4 bytes in the Fixed Data box instead of 2.
rickyfski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: PHILIPS DVDR3575h/37 dvd recorder w/hd Reply with quote

I followed the instructions best I could to get Sling Pro IR control over my DVDR3575H using Slingplayer v1.5.0.322 on a MS Vista/Enterprise PC. No joy.

I did download the .rmdu file. I did change BINPL (Slingbox with UEI PL Chip).rdf the [Protocols] section and change 0058 to 0058:2 I did export as Y1010_PL to the C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV.

There is no .cfg file to edit. I opened the player and selected dvr/philips/other and tried to enter the Y1010 alt_code... the IR lookup errors and sez it cannot find it.

MAKU: Can you just email your .bin file and other details I might need to get this going. I'm heading overseas again soon and sure wish to record/watch football while I'm gone.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We did have a recent case of where the Dreambox/XMP protocol signal sent by the Slingbox UEI chip didn't quite match the signal sent by a UEI remote. Maybe that's the case here? Anyway, someone will have to learn/capture the signals sent by the Slingbox.
Maku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123,

You tip worked!!! (to change it to 0058:2) I just got it setup and am controlling my dvdr3575 remotely now!! woot woot!!

I do have a little problem...and important button (the SHIFT key) isn't on the default remote inside the slingbox to use multiple keys with alternate function.

I'll read up on some forums to either remap the keys and cut out some functions or figure out how to "re-skin" the remote so it has a SHIFT key.

But, at least it's controlling the unit!

Thanks again! I'm very grateful.

-Maku
Maku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Re: PHILIPS DVDR3575h/37 dvd recorder w/hd Reply with quote

Sure, I'll PM you my bin file (or post it if I can), but it may or may not work from what I've read, there are differences in different sling box...mine is a sling pro though, but even that there are differences you can tell based on serial numbers or looking in your about file.

let me know if it works.

EDIT: I sent you a PM and I uploaded it to the Slingbox BIN files

-maku

rickyfski wrote:
I followed the instructions best I could to get Sling Pro IR control over my DVDR3575H using Slingplayer v1.5.0.322 on a MS Vista/Enterprise PC. No joy.

I did download the .rmdu file. I did change BINPL (Slingbox with UEI PL Chip).rdf the [Protocols] section and change 0058 to 0058:2 I did export as Y1010_PL to the C:\Program Files\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV.

There is no .cfg file to edit. I opened the player and selected dvr/philips/other and tried to enter the Y1010 alt_code... the IR lookup errors and sez it cannot find it.

MAKU: Can you just email your .bin file and other details I might need to get this going. I'm heading overseas again soon and sure wish to record/watch football while I'm gone.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RM, look in the Buttons tabsheet to assign functions to the virtual remote on the Slingbox. I don't think the virtual remote supports the concept of the SHIFT button. The virtual remote has a bunch of FP buttons that you can probably use.
rickyfski

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: PHILIPS DVDR3575h/37 dvd recorder w/hd Reply with quote

Maku, your Y1010_PL.BIN fine worked OK from my MSVista/Enterprise PC running Slingplayer v1.5.0322 against a SM/Pro S/N A20703XXXXXrunning firmware 1.0.39.

I understand all the functions are not there and your working hard to resolve this. I did however, post the need for this device in the slingmedia IR code device support request web site http://support.slingmedia.com/get/KB-005163.html

A big thanks.. I'm heading back overseas for several months and setting up this home network so I don't miss anymore nascar races, football games or the worldseries.
Maku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123 wrote:
In RM, look in the Buttons tabsheet to assign functions to the virtual remote on the Slingbox. I don't think the virtual remote supports the concept of the SHIFT button. The virtual remote has a bunch of FP buttons that you can probably use.

I guess the virtual remotes FP buttons are the small little buttons towards the bottom? THey don't show up on the slingbox remote though inside the slingplayer.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, but that's about it for my knowledge on the Slingbox software. I have no idea what's available on the virtual remote display. I just saw the FP and INPUT buttons referenced in the RDF and suggested using those. Good luck.
Maku

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

binky123,

you were more than helpful...thanks again....I'm so happy..I was able to watch recorded shows remotely tonite because of your help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: