JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keymoves with extender on 9910

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Keymoves with extender on 9910 Reply with quote

Please forgive me but I am a complete nOOB with extenders. I am trying to use an extender on an 9910 for only two reasons. I have a new D* HR20 DVR and I want to be able to program the favorite key to list, and I want to use the com/skip button as one of the other buttons from the original remote.

I followed the guide above to install the extender into IR. Since I only wanted to see if I knew what I was doing, I left everything as it was set in terms of device macros. Then using Keymap-master I added a new protocol and device for the HR20. I then tried to use Key Moves in IR to put the new functions onto the fav and com/skip keys.

I uploaded this simple task to the remote. It accepted the new program with a memory warning error, which I ignored. I pressed the TV device button followed by the power button, and the LCD screen said, "success." I presume this means the extender was activated.

I went to my TV and tried the new program. I had assigned the new device to the cable key. If I press the cable key followed by the usual commands for the DVR, they all work as advertised and expected from the way I laid them out in Keymap-master. The Key Moves didn't "take." The fav button still works to increase the channel by one, and the com/skip button does nothing.

Clearly I have not done some required step. Please help before I have to put myself (and the remote) out of my misery.

TIA

SMK
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoyGBiv, you cannot program com/skip in KM. I don't remember about fav. But both can be done in IR. Fav has its own tab for sequences if that's what you want. If you want it as a keymove, it should work too, but I'd have to reread the readme to be sure as there was something different about it.
If you post your IR file and trhe relevant KM file, someone will see, likely, what to do. The stuff does work. I use both.

Edit:
From readme
Quote:
3) The unextended remote will do a Scan operation instead of a Fav list
operation whenever the Fav key is used in a device index that doesn't match.
The extender will never do a Scan operation. To have it do something other
than a Fav operation on certain device indexes, you must define a Key Move
for Fav for each such device index. (The Key Move will only override the
Fav List if IR.EXE puts the key move earlier within the KeyMove/Macro/FavList pool than it puts the FavList.)

Currently fav macros are at the end. My reading of above is for use other than minimacros, to be 100% sure it's like that, move a keymove or two up or down. That reorders the memory segments as they should be.

Also at the bottom of the Fav tab is device. you can only select one and it has to match the device you coded in KM (I'm not sure if you did TV or CBL, but it needs to match)
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you are correct about not programming either of these two buttons in KM. That was the whole reason I went to an extender in the first place. This thread pointed that out:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8640

So, I have loaded the 8910 extender into IR, and I am trying to do keymoves to these two buttons in IR. You have explained that I may have to change some sequencing for the fav button, but what about com/skip? Can I use keymove to put something on it. Neither button worked.

SMK
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work directly as a keymove (both FAV and COM/SKIP) in IR if you are using the extender. (At least it certainly does for me Rolling Eyes ).

Why don't you upload the misbehaving IR file to the diagnosis area and provide a link to it here and somebody will have a look.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The IR and KMM files have been uploaded to the diagnosis area. Here are the links:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4925

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4926

I did it in two files as I was not sure I could uplink both together.

You will see that the IR file is pretty simple with just the two keymoves I was trying to do.

Any help is appreciated.

SMK
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like you're using OBC's instead of EFC's for your Keymoves. When creating Keymoves, you cannot use OBCs. You must use either the EFC or the HEX command.

Hence EFC=042 gives you channel up, and EFC=068 gives you nothing, since that is what those EFCs do.

Try EFCs 099 (for OBC 042) and 240 (for OBC 068) (These are calculated for you right in KM).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, hex or EFC should do the job.

OT suggestion - In case you'd like to save 20 bytes in the upgrade area, you can change your TV to use Panasonic Combo (00 CD) instead of a longer Panasonic Combo2 (00 42). Make the change in KM now, before you build keymoves in IR that use your TV device. Then reimport TV back into IR. Otherwise, later on, you will need to change the keymoves in IR which is not as easy as doing it now. The two bytes get reversed by the protocol change.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. What a silly mistake after using JP-1 all these years.

Thanks, also, Liz for the idea of using the other Panasonic TV code. I really don't know how much space I'm going to have left in the upgrade section of IR to put everything I want there.

Thanks again.

SMK
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again! I just tried it, and both keys work the way I want.

I am sure I will run into more problems with my continued attempt to tweak everything to get it the way I want, and it's nice to know there's help here when I need it.

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: