JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

only in math do you need to be precise English not so much
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I think it's time for you to find somewhere else to play Michelle.

Meanwhile, I think I provided the upgrade Michelle needs in the thread where she made the request in the approved form.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=64357#64357

After binky123 did the important digging to find the answer in a pdf of the Hitachi owners manual, any of the experts could have done a bit more digging to find that Hitachi's VCR2 code is OneForAll's VCR/0166 setup code (I just have slightly better tools for doing that part easily).

Usually, at that point Rob posts the required upgrade file before I find the time to. But Rob clearly is a bit less friendly to people with bad attitudes than I am. Michelle, notice you might have gotten help faster if you hadn't annoyed Rob, and if what I posted turns out not to be right, you still might be in a position to need Rob's help.

When I occasionally ask for help in non remote control forums (Linux etc.) I try to give just the right background to the question and have the best attitude for requesting help, and I still usually don't get any. Others, who don't ask as nicely, usually get abuse back, in addition to not getting help. People simply aren't as helpful in those forums as here.
floyd1977

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
I;l play mine then as far as the updated inst
all cd all who want it contact me as I will not upload it or make it available to all those who constantly find
fault with me. I know who you are also the install cd will be copyrighted and can't be uploaded to the group without my written consent the install cd can be owned by me not the contents thereon
You'll have to make your own install cd and submit it
if your such experts why didn't you already make it then
causing people too much trouble trying to find everything and then unzipping it whereas an install cd would do all of it smaking subfolders extracting files start menu short cut would simplify things plus avoiding constant posts asking where the essential e can I find these files while the install CD wtould take care of all of that
the install program will only have all necceary files to get you started none of the actual codes created by then that process would be to daunting a challenge
the install program is offered free of charge as it contains the same programs available on this site without all the tedious work to get it all
if you want it you can email me direct by clicking on the email just below this post and I will send it via www.yousendit.com and which you will get a notification when and how long it will be available

Don't worry; I don't need the CD since I fail to see how using outdated versions of the necessary files is somehow better than downloading the latest versions from the File Section.

I was just trying to find any trace of evidence that you had ever uploaded anything or contributed in any way to this forum. As it turns out, you are a leech who expects something for nothing and throws a fit when you don't get a complete answer to your incomplete, unlettered requests.
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
...all those who constantly find fault with me. I know who you are
First insults, and now threats? Sad, indeed.
chelli1501 wrote:
...the install cd will be copyrighted and can't be uploaded to the group without my written consent
Michelle, have you noticed that this attitude is quite different from that displayed by others in the forum who are trying to help you?
chelli1501 wrote:
if your such experts why didn't you already make it
Back to insults again. (If I were inclined to be sarcastic about this, I could say somthing about how we could have created this install CD in the time we have spent trying to interpret your cryptic posts.)

Something you seem to overlook is that this forum is supported by a group of volunteers who started out much like yourself, coming to the forum for help, and then getting involved in helping others. It is quite obvious from your posts that you have no intention of helping others, and you seem to be trying your best to antagonize anyone who might be trying to help you.

Your point about the constantly evolving nature of language versus the precise nature of math may be true, but it is not the problem here. What is causing the problem is your lack of communication skills. You are asking for a solution to a very technical issue, and this requires that you convey the problem in a clear and concise manner that will be understood by those who might be able to help you.

If you look around at other posts here you will notice that we often interact with people from all over the world who don't have good English skills. We might have to ask them to clarify things, yet we somehow manage to communicate and help to solve their problems. Despite your apparent technical prowess, it appears that you don't want to take the time to help us to understand your needs, and that is unfortunate.
irs009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michelle, The search engine on this board is the same as dozens of others that I use. It can be very frustrating, but if you choose your keywords very carefully and then tick the 'find all words' button, I think you'll find that you get a lot fewer and more meaningful results.

Jack
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

irs009 wrote:
Michelle, The search engine on this board is the same as dozens of others that I use. It can be very frustrating, but if you choose your keywords very carefully and then tick the 'find all words' button, I think you'll find that you get a lot fewer and more meaningful results.

Jack
Of course that presumes that the search engine follows Michelle's guidelines for reading her typing Wink .

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
irs009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't thought of that! Good point.
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoa...

I moved house 6 weeks ago and I've been busy, and haven't really been checking my online life lately...

But...

This thread is still alive ???

Cool - let me read it and catch up - I hope I didn't miss anything...

Rolling Eyes Laughing
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

floyd1977 wrote:
I was just trying to find any trace of evidence that you had ever uploaded anything or contributed in any way to this forum. As it turns out, you are a leech who expects something for nothing and throws a fit when you don't get a complete answer to your incomplete, unlettered requests.

That's just not fair...

The posts are not just incomplete and unlettered.

They're rude too.

give credit where it's due...
jimdunn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
Of course that presumes that the search engine follows Michelle's guidelines for reading her typing Wink .

We need to get those guidelines formalised.

It would save lots of newbies from grief and disappointment.

They probably apply outside this forum too - maybe an RFC is in order ?

/sarckasm offf...
irs009

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too just stopped by because I couldn't believe the thread was still open.

Maybe it should be the new, "How not to ask a question sticky".
tiny-e

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Wow... I mean -- WOW! Reply with quote

Holy Cow.

I came here today looking for a upgrade file for my DVD Recorder, one thing lead to another -and fell down this bunny-hole.

Why didn't / don't you guys (read: Mods) ban this froot-loop?

She, obviously, is too important to be bothered with the task of learning how to read and write in the standard / accepted fashion of the rest of the English-speaking world - and would rather everyone else spend out of their lives accommodating her.

It's a buck-O-four... Sounds like a good investment to me.
Amazon.com wrote:
Book Description
When exactly do I use a comma? What's the difference between a dash and a hyphen? And what's the semi-colon for, anyway? PUNCTUATION POWER provides students with all the information they need to become more confident punctuators in a style that's energetic, fun, and easy to understand.

Sorry for resurrecting this thread.. but, for some reason, I couldn't help myself.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow... I mean -- WOW! Reply with quote

tiny-e wrote:
Why didn't / don't you guys (read: Mods) ban this froot-loop?

We did eventually.
MikeG

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This thread was really good for a laugh. I checked some of her other threads which were equally amusing.

Her uniqueness will be missed Cool
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seach the archives for posts by jamesgammel if you want more.
e34m5

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow..I wish I had seen this post earlier. Most laughs I've had in a long time.

What is really sad to me is that I interview people like Michelle frequently.

I cannot understand why people refuse to learn the language so they can speak and write correctly, then wonder why they have problems or are not able to find a job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Hall of Shame (and other funny stuff) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: