JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Learning" onto com/skip on 9910

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:01 am    Post subject: "Learning" onto com/skip on 9910 Reply with quote

I have been using a 9910 that I program with JP-1. I have just started using the new DirecTV HR20 DVR, and I would like to put the 30second advance feature on the commercial skip button on the 9910. I have tried using Keymap Master with the HR20 file a member uploaded here. When I put the 9910 remote as the type of remote the com/skip button is grayed out no matter what device type I change to. If I try to use Keymove in IR it changes anything I put there to make it shifted. Even if I use shift+com/skip I still get no response from the DVR. Last, I tried to learn the code directly onto the 9910 from the original remote, and if I do so when I press the com/skip button to learn to it, I get an "invalid" error message.

So, is there any way to put anything on this button on this remote?

TIA

SMK
floyd1977

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You may need to use the 8910/9910 extender. I know that
with the extender, you can put a macro or keymove on any
key.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the extender - it's pretty painless, lets you use the ComSkip button like any other key (although note that it will appear as a KeyMove in IR) and has many added advantages such as more macro space, faster macros, Double- and Long/Short-Keypress etc. Read the extender Readme very carefully to get the best from it. In the unlikely event that you don't like the extender (or find that you need to use the learning feature) you can always revert to your last saved setup in IR.

AFAIK the ComSkip button was available in KM version 8.31 but later greyed out as it caused some users confusion. At some point an option box was put in to allow the user to indicate that they were using an extender but I couldn't get it to work in version 9.09. RemoteMaster doesn't seem to have any probelms assigning the ComSkip key.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't do ANYTHING with the COMM/SKIP button in non-extended remotes, except if you re-wire it but I'm guessing that's "out of scope"! Wink
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thank all for the information. I guess I'll have to learn how to use extenders. I'm not exactly a newbie when it comes to these things, but I had avoided extenders in the past not thinking I needed their functionality. Maybe now I need to rethink that.

Thanks again.

SMK
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read THIS.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: