JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

newbie guide for dummies?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: is the install disk still here Reply with quote

over a year ago I requested someone put all the files together that a beginer ould need to start off with and know it was done but don't remember what the install disk was named or where it was stored as recently lost everything when my HD crashed be a lot better to have the re install disk again
tried doing a search under my authorname that requested it but can't find anything with me as the author even my mostrecent pot didn't show up

for the answer is in one of those posts
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind it found the post and the install file inserting the link to it now

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2480
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That file contains older versions of the current programs. You should relly download and use the latest versions found here.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will as soom as soon as I can find them all again but this at least a starting pint besides now I'm trying to find the Dlink Dsm 320 ir file to add to my 8910 remote codes as the txt and mdu codes cant be used by the jp 1 remote program keep an input error when attempting to access either of them
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:35 pm    Post subject: newbie guide for dummies? Reply with quote

Can anybody write a more step by step manual to make and create ir files from scratch so anybody can understand it esp those that have absolutely no experience with data sheets such as excel at all
I need an already made d-link dsm 320 .ir file that I can upload to my URC 8910 now
as to trying to understand all that technical stuff is giving me an outright headache. no matter how simple you may think it is it goes past my understanding and with the files I already got have no idea how you can then save them as an ir file
the km master prg says nothing on how to load anything not even a sample file is shown or even discussed just shows a red circle around the load box and when pressed just brings up another window that explains nothing
Can anybody use MY Screen Recorder and just record what your doing as your doing it as that would be a lot easier to understand
if onefor all had such a code I would just program it into the remote but they don't
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This isn't going to help you figure out JP1, but here's an 8910 upgrade for the dlink 320.

Upgrade Code 0 = 14 1A (VCR/1050) dlink 320 (KM v9.08)
5A 00 D8 9E A3 20 EF 98 E8 46 6E 4E 89 5D DD AD
69 49 2D C7 00 3D 6B 08 07 D7 97 47 77 57 17
End

Connect you cable and download the current remote contents. Next, copy and paste the above upgrade code into IR's Devices tab. Go to IR's General tab and set the device button you want to control the dlink to VCR/1050. Upload to the remote.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: ned usb driver for jp1 connector Reply with quote

when I lost my HD last year also lost my usb driver for my jp1 connector nor even where I bought it from van anybody upload it here please
jimdunn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: newbies guise for dummies? Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
Can anybody write a more step by step manual to make and create ir files from scratch so anybody can understand it esp those that have absolutely no experience with data sheets such as excel at all

You don't have to use KM if you don't like excel
Many people find RM easier to use.

When you unzip the RM software there is an excellent help file called Readme.html

You can currently download the latest RM from this link:
RemoteMaster 1.78

chelli1501 wrote:

if onefor all had such a code I would just program it into the remote but they don't

Well that's the whole point of this forum, Michelle Very Happy

Lots of people have given up large amounts of their own time to create tools which allow you to do things with your JP1 remote which you were never supposed to be able to.

They get no reward except the satisfaction of helping people.

All that YOU have to contribute is a little effort to learn your way around the software tools.

Just read the help documents, then jump in and try out the software - if you get stuck with something specific there will always be help here for you.

It's a lot easier to get going on this stuff if you start trying to accomplish things with the software - it can look intimidating at first, but practice is the key.

A good way forward would be to let us know how you go following Mark's advice above - that should get you moving...
sfhub

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:
when I lost my HD last year also lost my usb driver for my jp1 connector nor even where I bought it from van anybody upload it here please

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=2712
sfhub

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Re: newbies guise for dummies? Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:

I need an already made d-link dsm 320 .ir file that I can upload to my URC 8910 now
as to trying to understand all that technical stuff is giving me an outright headache.

The reason we can't just give you a pre-made IR file is because presumably you have existing programming on the remote that you would like to preserve. I could just load the dsm 320 device upgrade into a blank IR file and give it to you, but then your other changes would be lost and if you didn't like the default button mappings you would have to go back into KM or RM to change them.

If you at least downloaded your current remote config into IR, saved the file, and uploaded it to the diagnosis section, someone can add the DSM 320 device upgrade and provide you a ready-made IR file, however I would suggest working through the tutorials and going through the process. Is is rite of passage and we are here to help. You'll be better off in the end doing this way.

Anyway, Mark already took care of the KM/RM part. You just need to go to the devices tab of IR and add the device upgrade (using the add button and cut/paste). Then assign the device to the device selector button of your choice.

Diagnosis area is here.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: my connector isn't being recognizes by ir Reply with quote

installed the usb drivers for my jpi usb connector set the ir program to access via the USB port ,checked the status of the connector and was working fine

But when I attempted to d/l from the remote to the program got no input device found error happened the same on all 3 8910,s I own

And even switched which way the connector was plugged in to it and a physical inspection of the connector assemply was fine as well.

Any ideas on to resolve it short of buying a new connector that may do the same thing
sfhub

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if it still matters with the USB cables, but I vaguely recall on the old cables, battery level of the remote mattered. Try a fresh set of batteries. Also double check you have all the pins aligned with the connector. Sometimes if I'm rushing I'll have them offset by one row. I don't remember how the 8910 is configured, but I think the cable should run towards the top of the remote when the connector is oriented properly. You might want to reboot before trying any of this because I've seen cases where the driver gets into a confused state and won't respond properly. I don't know what causes that.
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: newbies guise for dummies? Reply with quote

When you unzip the RM software there is an excellent help file called Readme.html

RemoteMaster 1.78

when I tried that it came up with a 'this trial has expired error when I tried to install it
chelli1501
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: what is the folder hiearchy structure Reply with quote

what is the folder hierarchy structure read and write from my topmost folder is IR703 where the the ir prg and its essential files are stored then my rdf km ir images are stored in their prospective sub folders under that plus my connectors usb drivers are in a usb sub folder all in the Ir 703 folder as well how many more subfolders are there altogether and I set the appropriate dir paths up as well
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Re: newbies guise for dummies? Reply with quote

chelli1501 wrote:

RemoteMaster 1.78

when I tried that it came up with a 'this trial has expired error when I tried to install it

That means you are trying to install the Windows executable version. I thought we had a full license for that but maybe not. Therefore, you should install the Java version instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: