JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Can't get second HR20 to function with JP1
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GregT39

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Can't get second HR20 to function with JP1 Reply with quote

Hi All,
I've got two DirecTv HR20's in the same room. I have one set to function with the 1377 upgrade code, works great. The other I have set to AV1/AV2 and the remote setup with the RC34 DirecTV remote with code 00002. The second reciever works great with the DirecTV remote, but I can't seem to get it to work with the Jp1 remote. I've followed the upgrade instructions as best I can. I changed the Raw Fixed data from C3 to D3 and changed the code from 1377 to 00002 and it still doesn't work. Can any offer me any hints as to why this might not work on any of my Jp1 remotes?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Can't get second HR20 to function with JP1 Reply with quote

GregT39 wrote:
I changed the Raw Fixed data from C3 to D3 and changed the code from 1377 to 00002 and it still doesn't work.

Where did you pick up that info? Have you tried learning the signals from the DTV remote when it's in AV2 mode to see what they look like?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The alternate codeset for the Hr20 is not 00002, its 00003. For the D10, H10, H20, and R15, yes the alternative codeset would be 00002. But not on the Hr20. These are native codes on the white remote. The UEI code for these are 00001= 1377, 00002= 1378, and 00003= 1379.
GregT39

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Under Directv_HR20.TXT is lists ***set Raw Fixed Data to C3 for 1st receiver or D3 for 2nd. Code 00002 or 00003 for 2nd receiver.

The RC34 is working fine, I'm trying to figure out how to get the Jp1 working. I did learn a few codes to the Jp1. The OEM remote seems to be a Rusound protocol.

Thank you for your help
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregT39 wrote:
I changed the Raw Fixed data from C3 to D3 and changed the code from 1377 to 00002
The "00002" has nothing to do with the JP1 upgrade. You need to set the DTV unit itself to "00003" to be used as the second receiver.
GregT39

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I did notice is;

I learned the 0 button from both remotes and downloaded it IR.EXE displays:

DirecTV HR20 reciever #1 remote puts out: Protocol: Russound, Device: 12, OBC 17, Hex CMd 11 EFC 138

DirecTV HR20 reciver #2 remote puts out: Protocol: Russound, Device: 2, OBC 17, Hex CMd 11 EFC 138

So, it looks like If I can change device to 2 all the codes should work. I've tried changing the device. My Keymap settings are:

Device Type: Sat
Setup Code: 1379

Protocol Name: Manual Settings
Device 1: 12 (tried changing this and seems to have not effect
Device 2: blank
Raw Data D4 (tried C4 and D4. C4 controlls the first receiver)
Protocol ID: 01 62
Fixed Data OC D4
PID: blank
2nd Cmd Byte: None
Signal Style: Msb
Bits/Dev: 8
Bits/Cmd: 8
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GregT39 wrote:
Device Type: Sat
Setup Code: 1379

Protocol Name: Manual Settings
Device 1: 12 (tried changing this and seems to have not effect
Raw Data D4 (tried C4 and D4. C4 controlls the first receiver)
Protocol ID: 01 62
Fixed Data OC D4
PID: blank
2nd Cmd Byte: None
Signal Style: Msb
Bits/Dev: 8
Bits/Cmd: 8
My understanding of the notes is that Device 1 should be left blank and Raw Fixed Data should be "D3" for receiver #2 (that causes the calculated Fixed Data to change to "D3" as well).

Also, make sure you select the correct remote that you're using and then copy the upgrade and protocol code into IR.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RM supports the "DirecTV" protocol. In RM you would change the device code from 12 to 13. In KM you would change the fixed data from C3 to D3. For address 3 the device code is 2 and the fixed data is "23".

Here are some "address 1" files:
KM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1044
RM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4827

and address 2...
KM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4829
RM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4828

and some address 3:
KM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4830
RM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4831

Last edited by The Robman on Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
GregT39

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Thank you RobMan, that worked like a charm!
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
RM supports the "DirecTV" protocol. In RM you would change the device code from 12 to 13. In KM you would change the fixed data from C3 to D3. For address 3 the device code is 2 and the fixed data is "23".

Here are some "address 1" files:
KM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=1044
RM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4827

and address 2...
KM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4829
RM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4828

and some address 3:
KM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4830
RM: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4831

Rob while these codes might work with an "R10" they do not want to work on my "R15/R20"?!?

And when I try to learn the codes with my URC-9811B00 (HT-PRO) from my "White R/23 & R/32" DirecTV remotes IR 7.07 W/DecodeIR 2.34 keeps saying that I am using a Russound(?) Protocall and gives me an overflow error, and it seems that RM 1.82 does not support the Russound code??
But the donwloads that I have from the file section all had protocalls attached with an ID of 01_62.

While following the steps above (C3 -> D3 for AV1) and using an R20 code was able to change the setting to work the R15... but ...do not know if some other error or I am having some sort of double key press action/error (press once acted on twice by the R15)

Update: 11/10/07 04:42pm CST
I got all the remotes re-'Button'ed and updated.. but it seems as if the IR signal strength of the R15 codes are not as strong/bright as other programed codes... as the R15 codes do not like to be resent by the 'IR REPEATER CONES' from RCA/SmartHome/Radio_Shack {Tried all three just in case one of pair was bad!}

--David
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 4:59 am    Post subject: RCA810B + DirecTV DVR Reply with quote

This is driving me crazy (well it really did not have far)

I can not seem to read the learned codes from the 'White DirecTV' R32 remote using the latest version of "IR" as I keep getting over flow errors??

I have tried to take the HR20 commands in the library and loading them (after small changes) into my RCA810's and its like only half the buttons work??? None of the motion buttons (play, pause) work, or menu button worked... Info, guide, and number, and a few other keys worked??

I can learn the missing keys... just can not read and add to the upgrade.

--David
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure the learning area is all FF's before you start learning. Sometimes left over learns cause IR problems when new data is learned and the newly learned data is not terminated properly. What type of remote are you using to learn?
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Re: RCA810B + DirecTV DVR Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:
This is driving me crazy (well it really did not have far)

I can not seem to read the learned codes from the 'White DirecTV' R32 remote using the latest version of "IR" as I keep getting over flow errors??

I have tried to take the HR20 commands in the library and loading them (after small changes) into my RCA810's and its like only half the buttons work??? None of the motion buttons (play, pause) work, or menu button worked... Info, guide, and number, and a few other keys worked??

I can learn the missing keys... just can not read and add to the upgrade.

--David
If I understand correctly, the learned keys work, but the decoded information converted into an upgrade does NOT work. Correct?

In cases like this, your fastest track to help is to upload the IR file with the LEARNED signals to the diagnosis area - and provide a link to it here. You can further help yourself by uploading/linking to the malfunctioning upgrade file(s) you have created and also the IR file with the upgrade added that does not behave quite properly.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: RCA810B + DirecTV DVR Reply with quote

DavidEC2955 wrote:

Capn Trips wrote:
If I understand correctly, the learned keys work, but the decoded information converted into an upgrade does NOT work. Correct?

My interpretation of what David said is that IR.exe malfunctions when looking at those learned signals and won't even display decodes.

Capn Trips wrote:
In cases like this, your fastest track to help is to upload the IR file with the LEARNED signals to the diagnosis area - and provide a link to it here.

For either interpretaion of what David meant, that is correct. But if IR.exe is getting seriously confused by that eeprom image, it may be necessary to use the "Raw Download" button then save, in order to read the learned signals from the remote and create a .ir file that will tell the experts what the problem really is.

Capn Trips wrote:
You can further help yourself by uploading/linking to the malfunctioning upgrade file(s) you have created and also the IR file with the upgrade added that does not behave quite properly.

If I'm interpreting David incorrectly (if the signals decode but using those decodes in an upgrade is failing) then we definitely would want to see those extra files in order to properly diagnose the problem. Anyway, it won't hurt to post those, even if the issue is entirely in IR.exe processing of the learned signal eeprom image.
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Re: RCA810B + DirecTV DVR Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:
DavidEC2955 wrote:

Capn Trips wrote:

My interpretation of what David said is that IR.exe malfunctions when looking at those learned signals and won't even display decodes.
Capn Trips wrote:
In cases like this, your fastest track to help is to upload the IR file with the LEARNED signals to the diagnosis area - and provide a link to it here.

For either interpretaion of what David meant, that is correct. But if IR.exe is getting seriously confused by that eeprom image, it may be necessary to use the "Raw Download" button then save, in order to read the learned signals from the remote and create a .ir file that will tell the experts what the problem really is.
Capn Trips wrote:
You can further help yourself by uploading/linking to the malfunctioning upgrade file(s) you have created and also the IR file with the upgrade added that does not behave quite properly.

If I'm interpreting David incorrectly (if the signals decode but using those decodes in an upgrade is failing) then we definitely would want to see those extra files in order to properly diagnose the problem. Anyway, it won't hurt to post those, even if the issue is entirely in IR.exe processing of the learned signal eeprom image.

John -

You have made a mind melded and have read the mind of this crazy man correctly.

I have tried to read the 'learned' keys in IR using three different remotes all with fresh batteries..
    HTPro / URC9811B00
    RCA 810B
    Radio Shack 15-2107 <-this is my learning work horse.

And when I click on the learned key press in IR to get it to display is when I get the 'overflow' error and the learned key is no longer listed on the right listings of learned keys!?

I will try my best to upload a set of learned keys... but due to over time it may be a while..

I have been able to train the remotes.. and they are working.. so wife is happy!

I just can not build an upgrade from the HR20 listing in the file library that will convert correctly to the RCA 810B using 'RM'

--David
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: