JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need replacement remote for Sony VPL-CX5 projector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
konker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Replacement RC for Sony RM-PJM12 Reply with quote

Rob,

I was referred to your site by another member of remotecentral.com here http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-discrete/thread.cgi?4257,1#9.
I'm looking for a replacement RC for the missing RM-PJM12 that was being used to control a Sony VPL-CX5 projector.
The pronto hex-codes for this projector can be found here: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/codes/sony/vpl-cx5/
I'm not familiar with RC programming & certainly do not want to have to go through all the trouble.
Do you have any ready made or programmable RCs that have the RM-PJM12 codes installed?
Please advice on availability & also price of shipping to China.
Thanks!
Summary:
1. Device: Sony VPL-CX5
2. Type of device: Projector
3. Year: 2003
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: N/A (Original: RM-PJM12)
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? No;missing
7. Checked the file section? No
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes; available
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? N/A
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

konker wrote:
Do you have any ready made or programmable RCs that have the RM-PJM12 codes installed? Please advice on availability & also price of shipping to China.

I can pre-load the Sony code into any of the remotes that I sell, so check the first post in this thread. Shipping to China from the US is $11. I can ship about 3 remotes for the one $11 shipping rate, just in case you think you need spares.

Last edited by The Robman on Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:23 am; edited 1 time in total
konker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
konker wrote:
Do you have any ready made or programmable RCs that have the RM-PJM12 codes installed? Please advice on availability & also price of shipping to China.

I can pre-load the Sony code into any of the remotes that I sell, so check the first post in this thread. Shipping to China from the US is $11. I can ship about 3 remotes for the one $11 shipping rate, just in case you think you need spares.

Rob,

Thanks for the information.
I'm thinking the URC 8910 or 6690 would meet the needs.
Am I right to assume that the codes will be 'hard-coded' into the memory & will not be erased even when the battery is out?
Also, do I get a choice of which buttons to use for which functions on the projector?
A picture of the original RC can be found here: http://www.sony.newremotecontrol.com/catalog_item.php?catnum=147655622
Please advice me accordingly.
Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any code that I load will go into the "upgrade" memory, it will not become part of the factory burned ROM (hopefully, for obvious reasons). So, while the codes will never be lost due to there not being any batteries in the remote, they would be lost if you were to restore the remote to factory defaults (using the 981 RESET command), again hopefully for obvious reasons.

As to button choices, absolutely. If you tell me how you want each button programmed, I can do that.

Looking at the projector remote, there are obvious buttons on most JP1 remotes for the following:

power
up arrow
down arrow
left arrow
right arrow
select (blue button in middle of arrows)
menu
enter

I have recommendations for the following buttons:

freeze = pause
input = tv/vcr
zoom+ = ch+
zoom- = ch-
function 1 = learning/macro 1
function 2 = learning/macro 2

Not knowing what the following buttons do, I would need your guidance...

ms slide
keystone
apa
p/c muting
reset zoom
right click
konker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Any code that I load will go into the "upgrade" memory, it will not become part of the factory burned ROM (hopefully, for obvious reasons). So, while the codes will never be lost due to there not being any batteries in the remote, they would be lost if you were to restore the remote to factory defaults (using the 981 RESET command), again hopefully for obvious reasons.

As to button choices, absolutely. If you tell me how you want each button programmed, I can do that.

Looking at the projector remote, there are obvious buttons on most JP1 remotes for the following:

power
up arrow
down arrow
left arrow
right arrow
select (blue button in middle of arrows)
menu
enter

I have recommendations for the following buttons:

freeze = pause
input = tv/vcr
zoom+ = ch+
zoom- = ch-
function 1 = learning/macro 1
function 2 = learning/macro 2

Not knowing what the following buttons do, I would need your guidance...

ms slide
keystone
apa
p/c muting
reset zoom
right click

Here's what I got from the user manual for the projector:
MS Slide: Memory Stick Slideshow function; supports picture slideshow from MS slot.
Keystone: used to adjust the tilt of the projector or the trapezoidal distortions of the image manually.
APA: Auto Pixel Alignment; adjusts a picture clearest automatically while a signal is input from a computer.
PIC Muting: used to mute the picture temporarily. Pressed again to restore image.
Reset: Reset the value of a menu item back to it's factory preset value or return enlarged image to it's orginal size. Used when menu or setting item is displayed on the screen.
R-click: Functions as the right button on mouse; used when projector is plugged into the PC using USB cable

There's also a L-click button below the RC that functions as the left mouse button. When used as a remote mouse, the button in the center of the directional buttons is actually a joystick.

Thanks!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My recommendations would be...
konker wrote:
MS Slide: Memory Stick Slideshow function; supports picture slideshow from MS slot.

Guide
konker wrote:
PIC Muting: used to mute the picture temporarily. Pressed again to restore image.

Stop
konker wrote:
Reset: Reset the value of a menu item back to it's factory preset value or return enlarged image to it's orginal size. Used when menu or setting item is displayed on the screen.

Prev
konker wrote:
R-click: Functions as the right button on mouse; used when projector is plugged into the PC using USB cable

F.Fwd or Fast Forward (or THUMBS-UP on a 6131)
konker wrote:
There's also a L-click button below the RC that functions as the left mouse button. When used as a remote mouse, the button in the center of the directional buttons is actually a joystick.

F.Rew or Rewind (or THUMBS-DOWN on a 6131)

I don't really have good recommendations for these next two, so I'm just picking available buttons...

konker wrote:
Keystone: used to adjust the tilt of the projector or the trapezoidal distortions of the image manually.

Exit (the URC-6131 has an ANGLE button, which might be good for this)
konker wrote:
APA: Auto Pixel Alignment; adjusts a picture clearest automatically while a signal is input from a computer.

Info
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: