JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CustomModeName: Working correctly?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Necro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: CustomModeName: Working correctly? Reply with quote

When using Custom Mode Name, should the screen ALWAYS display the custom mode name when using that particular mode, or should it briefly switch to something else when you press a key, then back to your custom mode?

For instance...I set my remote's aux key (9910) to display HTPC (with 5 extra characters to fill out the Custom Mode hex string). When I press Aux, it flashes 'VIDEO' then goes to HTPC. If I press any key, it displays 'VIDEO', sends a command, the the LCD flicks back to HTPC.

Just want to make sure this is how it's suppose to work.

I've tried flipping around where my CustomMode command is executed to set the LCD to the custom mode, but it always seems to occur this way (and on buttons other than aux as well).
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it will set the custommode name when you set it and then show the mode any command is executing in if it is a different mode.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he's asking more than that. What you describe, Nils, is normal behaviour when you have VPT set, for example. So, while in DVD mode when you press a VOLUME button the screen will temporarily read "TV" or "RCVR" depending on how VPT is set.

But it sounds like Necro is seeing the remote always default back to the custom display. For example, if the custom display was set for CBL mode, when he goes to DVD mode and presses a button, the screen will read DVD while the button is being pressed then return to the custom display when no button is being pressed.

Am I correctly representing your situation Necro?
Necro

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Nils had it.

I press Aux, the screen flashes 'Video' then goes to 'HTPC'. When I press a directional arrow, it flashes 'video' while sending the command then switches back to 'HTPC'.

Just wanted to make sure this is correct...seems like it is.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then yes, what you see is normal. The remote is trying to let you know that certain functions "punch thru" to other modes. With some non-LCD remotes, they have LEDs behind the device buttons that light up to show you which mode the button comes from, so in DVD mode when you press the volume buttons the RCVR device button might light up.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Then yes, what you see is normal. The remote is trying to let you know that certain functions "punch thru" to other modes. With some non-LCD remotes, they have LEDs behind the device buttons that light up to show you which mode the button comes from, so in DVD mode when you press the volume buttons the RCVR device button might light up.

Much more eloquently put than I Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: