JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need advanced / ANY codes for Carver C-5 Preamp? TIA

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BryanG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Need advanced / ANY codes for Carver C-5 Preamp? TIA Reply with quote

Have searched extensively here and RemoteCentral sites for any info on Carver Preamps and have come up dry. The remote has model # RH-5 on the back. Any help with this request would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bryan
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I answered at RC.
For those not reading RC, it looks a lot like Marantz but maybe not quite.
Mainly RC5 device 16, but also RC5 device 17, RC5 other devices with command 63, plus RC5x device 16 subdevices 14 and 37.

I didn't research built in setup codes. (Actually I don't think I know how to research built in codes for RC5x and its combos).
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a little more searching and I believe his model is the C-5 and was manufactured from 1989-1993. It looks like there was a change in 1993 to the RC5/5x and those designed prior to that use a variation of NEC1 (42KHz):135.123. There is a setup code, AUD_0008 that looks like the same command set. That setup code is apparently NOT in the 8811 since my 8811 won't accept that setup code.

Bryan, you may be able to verify the RC5/5x vs NEC1 (42KHz):135.123 quandry by using setup code AUD_1189 and try the numerals when the unit is already On. If some of those select inputs, then it's RC5/5x, if not, it MAY be NEC1 (42KHz):135.1.

Of course, once you get your cable and learn the Power command and upload that file to IR you will know for sure.
BryanG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 8810W doesn't seem to accept setup code 1189 as well. Thanks for everyone's input. I will patiently wait for the JP1 cable to arrive.

BG
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AUD_1189 and AUD_1089 should both be valid setup codes on your 8811. Try the numerals on both, but it's also no big deal to wait for certainty.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: