JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10 iconRemote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gleb96

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:36 pm    Post subject: X10 iconRemote Reply with quote

Does anyone know what I need to use my X10 iconRemote to control the lights in my home theater? I'm not sure if this is possible, but I would assume so.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did it come with a manual, and if so, doesn't it explain what you need to do. This is an X10 remote, so it look pretty bad on X10 if one of their own remotes didn't work X10 gear.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, the icon is not RF, and would therefore need an IR543 to control your lights.
tennessee titan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI: Current icons ARE RF capable...
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If a remote is RF capable, it usually will not control X-10 devices by itself. It still needs the IR543 to receive the signals from the remote and turn it into the correct RF for the X-10 devices.

Remotes that are RF capable usually talk to their own RF receiver and the receiver then emits IR at a remote location. The only exception would be a remote that claims it can control X-10 devices, just saying RF is not enough.

OOPS, I should have read more before posting. This remote apparently does fall into the very small number of remotes that can control X-10. You just need the small receiver that takes the RF and injects it into your house power system. Like this: http://www.x10.com/promotions/tm751_single_si.html If you already have X-10 devices controlled by an X-10 RF push button device, you already have this.
garyb.ncc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the manual
Quote:
When triggering an X10 module or wall switch using the IR32A IconRemote, the signal is typically sent from the remote using RF on a specific house code. The RF signal is received by the transceiver (either TM751, RR501, CM15A, or security console) on the matching house code. The transceiver then forwards the signal onto the house wiring. This is now a PLC signal. Any modules that match the house and unit code transmitted will either turn on or off, depending on the signal sent.
So the remote will work with several RF transceivers. If buying one I would suggest the RR501 over the TM751. The RR501 can transceive all house codes and the TM751 can not. There is probably not more than a $5 difference in cost.

Of course the IR543 can be used for transceiving X10 infrared.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: