JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie with an error code downloading from remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
808htfan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 9:41 pm    Post subject: Newbie with an error code downloading from remote Reply with quote

Just tried to download from an Atlas 5 DVR for the first time and got the message:

'There is a conflict at fixed data address $0017. Do you want to replace the existing data with the fixed data?'

Do I click yes or no, and what does that mean? Do I need to do anything else? Thanks! Very Happy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do the download without accepting the change and then post the file so one of us can check it. I think the fixed data at that address indicates the EEPROM size, but to date we've only seen one EEPROM size used.

Though we did recently see an example where this data was set incorrectly for this remote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8168
808htfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done. Here's the link,

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4489

Thanks Rob Very Happy

BTW it's an Atlas 5 DVR w/ settings button
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest that you take out that fixed data item from your RDF and see if you can use IR to program your remote. It's entirely possible that this byte does not need to be fixed at all.
808htfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I would suggest that you take out that fixed data item from your RDF and see if you can use IR to program your remote. It's entirely possible that this byte does not need to be fixed at all.

Ok, so I open the SA_7SA_7 (Atlas DVR-PVR 5-Device) RDF w/ a text editor and remove the line $017=$09 under [FixedData], is that right? That's all I can see that resembles $0017, and there's only 2 lines under [FixedData].

One more thing, I'm concerned with ending up w/ a dead remote. What should I watch out for?

Thanks again
808htfan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

808htfan wrote:
Ok, so I open the SA_7SA_7 (Atlas DVR-PVR 5-Device) RDF w/ a text editor and remove the line $017=$09 under [FixedData], is that right? That's all I can see that resembles $0017, and there's only 2 lines under [FixedData].

One more thing, I'm concerned with ending up w/ a dead remote. What should I watch out for?

Thanks again

Well, I decided to take a chance and luckily nothing went wrong. I did exactly that and reprogrammed and downloaded to the remote.

Thanks Rob. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: