JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carrier Frequency ID/Flash protocol support in Arduino

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NEC1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Carrier Frequency ID/Flash protocol support in Arduino Reply with quote

Note this post is a mix of hardware and software topics.

In IrScrutinizer, the timings of captures is notably only in multiples of 10uS.
Are there any plans to use an infrared PIN diode with an op-amp for determining the carrier frequency (in kHz - each timing unit being 1uS) while at the same time adding support for remotes which use a Flash (no carrier) protocol (with an infrared PIN receiver diode and an amplifier) on an Arduino Uno?

For the infrared PIN receiver diode, it should be a BP104 and the op-amp being CMOS type TLC272 to be operated on a +5V supply (these are the ones I can get easily).
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 am    Post subject: Re: Carrier Frequency ID/Flash protocol support in Arduino Reply with quote

NEC1 wrote:

In IrScrutinizer, the timings of captures is notably only in multiples of 10uS.

That is the IrWidget interface, because that is the way the IrWidget was designed.

Quote:

Are there any plans to use an infrared PIN diode with an op-amp for determining the carrier frequency (in kHz - each timing unit being 1uS) ...

I have no such plans. If the analysis of a particular signal is beyond the capacties of the IrScrutinizer and the GlobalCache Itach(Flex), better use standard tools of electrical engineering, like digital oscilloscopes, rather than design new hardware for -- the outcome of the analysis.

Quote:

... while at the same time adding support for remotes which use a Flash (no carrier) protocol (with an infrared PIN receiver diode and an amplifier) on an Arduino Uno?
(Practically more interesting would be the output of RF circuitry like RX-433, which is very related.) This is actually nothing else than the use case that LIRC does. This is sort-of in IrScrutinizer already, the "Lirc Mode 2" stuff. One thing I would be quite interested in is to have IrScrutinizer access the LIRC drivers more-or-less directly, both (Linux) for kernel-modules (they have been newly migrated to the kernel sources) as well as the userspace modules; and also for Windows the WinLirc dlls -- which I think rather much resemble the LIRC userspace modules turned dlls.

Having said that, I begin to be puzzled by your numerous unidirectional "are there any plans..." postings. I write some (IMHO) good stuff, and you reply with -- nothing. Crying or Very sad Frustrating. Do you have particular problem you seek the answer to, do you look for cooperation, are you offering cooperation, or, ... ?? Confused
NEC1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Carrier Frequency ID/Flash protocol support in Arduino Reply with quote

The parameters of interest that could be edited (along with changes in IRscrutinizer) are:

IRremote.h:

// Some useful constants

#define USECPERTICK 50 // microseconds per clock interrupt tick
#define RAWBUF 100 // Length of raw duration buffer

// Marks tend to be 100us too long, and spaces 100us too short
// when received due to sensor lag.
#define MARK_EXCESS 100

----------

scrutinize_receiver.ino:

void emit(decode_results *results) {
for (int i = 1; i < results->rawlen; i++) {
Serial.print((i % 2) ? "+" : "-");
Serial.print(results->rawbuf[i]*USECPERTICK, DEC);
Serial.print(" ");
}
Serial.println(" -50000");
}
NEC1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 2:58 am    Post subject: Carrier Frequency ID/Flash protocol support in Arduino Reply with quote

I made a circuit of an infrared signal amplifier (for Flash/carrierless remote protocols) and is working since it displays a waveform at the output of the circuit which is around 4Vpp, close to the 5V TTL level.
With this in mind, Flash protocol remotes seem to be a bit too fast for the Arduino sketch to process (the Jerrold (PID 0006) protocol produces pulses which are about 14uS when tested (using the cursor measurement function) on my digital oscilloscope).
NEC1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:21 am    Post subject: Carrier Frequency ID/Flash protocol support in Arduino Reply with quote

I found that the shortest recordable period on a learned function on a URC-7562-B00 remote is 20uS (the shortest positive pulse period).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: