JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7800 Extender v4 and v5 available
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:12 pm    Post subject: URC-7800 Extender v4 and v5 available Reply with quote

I uploaded two versions of the 7800 Extender.

7800ext4 has the abilitity to have an extra shift key. Elizabeth D has tested this one and it seems to be working.

7800ext5 is a bigger step. This version has the extra shift keys, has the HT divisions of Volume, Transport, Picture in Picture, Channel, Menu and other. It comes with the multiplexor, lkp, DSM, ToadTog built in. It also has nested macros. This version has not been thoroughly tested, as I was on vacation and the only thing I had to aim the remote at was a basic tv.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy HURRAY !!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats ladies! Not the way that I'd want to spend my vacation, but......

writing and getting tested your first extender is a huge step! It's amazing how much you learn in that process of how the remote does things and what you can make it do. (and in the process learn how much you really don't know!)

-bill
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie, you did a lot for this project and Vicky did the whole extender thing. The whole huge step. I did nothing.

Vicky,
Quick feedback: I didn't crash the remote yet. Whole mess of things worked well, but I didn't really start testing yet. I have to deal with the need to split M keyset to M, O, C, and build me few good testing macros and things.
Problem: VCR and DVD keysets are reversed. A switch of the two lines in the RDF to match .asm sequence does the job. Easy to confirm making DSM and watching hex. edit: see my next post please
Question: For pseudo devices, would you consider reverting to CBL and DVD? The long names needed an extra conversion step and take up too much space on the screen. I think all that's needed is the change in the RDF.

All - few thoughts about converting:
> From unextended setup, just use Extinstall in IR
> From ext2 setup. Make sure to delete all special protocols and non-standard devices (Pause, LKP+DSM, DSM ...) before conversion.
After Extinstall runs, in macros, you'll see odd-looking translations due to the new and remapped pseudo-devices, so, for instance, the old M_AUX comes out as XShift-Phantom2. It's no problem. ExtenderCode Calculator (ECC) does a fine job and preserves notes for both keymoves and macros, which is what I did. But at the end, a logical redesign is needed in order to take advantage of the new features Vicky built.

Last edited by ElizabethD on Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth, you underestimate your contribution. You've tested and found the bugs. And without your written desire for nested macros I would not have pressed on because I haven't ever needed a nested macro.

Of course I didn't do much more than learn to read assembler code. Studying Hal RS-1994 V5 extender and all the various versions of 1994 and 7800 that John Fine wrote was a great education. Fortunately UncleMiltie was able to make that possible with his commented dis-assembly. Without UncleMiltie's documentation and his email support answering my beginner questions this would have been a long, long, long process.

So thanks Bill(UncleMiltie), Elizabeth D, Hal(mtakahar) and John Fine.

Elizabeth, I'm fine with changing the names of those buttons. I don't even know what an LD is! I don't think anybody would have problems figuring out what we meant.

I'm busy playing catch up from my vacation. I'll make those changes to the zip file later tonight.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, Where would the two macro keys and 4 L keys go now in your table? Currently they're in M-set.
Also we don't have 1s-4s, Scan, Sleep (not sure here)
T = Fwd, Pause, Play, Record, Rew, Stop
V = Vol+, Vol-, Mute
P = Pip, Move, Swap
M = Menu, Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Center[Exit], Guide[Program], Surround, Display
C = digits, Ch+, CH-, Enter, Last, TV/Video[A/B], Scan[Fav]
O = Power, 1s-4s, P{Setup}, {Light}, Sleep, device keys, phantoms

Regarding the reversal of DVD and VCR - the device index sequence in the remote is dvd before VCR, the definition of device indexes in .asm is vcr before dvd, and I suspect the rest is the result of that. I don't want to make my things inconsistent with what it should be, so help.
Ellen

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gals rock! I used to love my 7800 and had always wished for some of the fancier functions like LKP and DSM in the extender for that remote. I even toyed with the idea of tinkering with it myself but never got off my duff and did anything. A hearty congrats and a big thanks to you for your hard work. Now I'll have to dig the 7800 out of the closet (have been using a 6131 lately) and give your extender a try.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elizabeth
The keysets are as follows
T = Fwd, Pause, Play, Record, Rew, Stop
V = Vol+, Vol-, Mute
C = digits, Ch+, CH-, Enter, Prev, TV/Video
M = Menu, Up, Down, Left, Right, Select, Exit,
Prog/Guide, Surround, Display
P = Pip, Move, Swap
O = Power, 1L-4L, Setup, {Light}, Sleep, device keys, phantoms, Macro, Macro2

I added your intall suggestions to the readme file, fixed the RDF, apparently I dragged that one line when I was cleaning it up for publication.

Ellen

Is that Ellen T? If so good to see you again! If not, nice to meet you.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a girls only party or can anyone join in??? Smile
Congrats on the extender Vicky!
Ellen

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, yeah it's me. I'm embarassed to say that I hadn't recognized your ID here Embarassed and connected it with our conversations from a couple of years ago. But they do say memory is the first thing to go!
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job. It's always fun when a plan comes together. I think you will make a number of people very happy.

I hope I am not just another guy intruding Laughing
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils and Rob, thanks for joining. I'm happy that I could be a contributing member of the community. I have never been able to figure out how remotes became a guy thing, but it certainly is in my social circle. Ellen was the first other woman I met that was into remotes, that's why I remember her so well.

I probably should say some thanks to Capn Trips too. I look back at my initial 8811 post from late November, when I was struggling so hard to even use an extender, and how much he and Elizabeth helped me get started. I know was so totally confused back then, I can hardly believe that was only 3 months ago!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject: Need RDF update Reply with quote

Vicky and/or Nils
Since ext5 works so well Smile it would be nice if the rdf was in the distribution.
C7L0X7L5 (URC-7800_6800 Cinema Extender v 5).rdf
is not in the last revisions I grabbed yesterday
RDFs for IR and RM Version 1.27.zip with file dates up to 4/30/07.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do I need to do? Put the RDF in the Files->Tools->RDF area?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, that;s what I was contemplating doing, but decided to leave it to you guys. Rob's "Main zip..." comments seem to say just this. Let's hope Nils sees it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: