JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help! 2117 not playing nice.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Help! 2117 not playing nice. Reply with quote

Programming a RS 15-2117 with IR 4.01, I have come across a problem. I've installed and tweaked several iterations of Extender 2 upgrades and they seemed to work. Following my latest upload, however, IR's red "faux led" blinked twice, indicating all is well, and the LCD screen was "all illuminated", but upon disconnecting the cable from the remote, the LED screen (which usually takes a few seconds to clear and then flashes "exiting setup") almost immediately clears and displays "mem fault". Crying or Very sad

When I try to activate the extender, nothing happens, and the remote appears to have returned to default settings for device code assignments.

So I tried a complete reset of the remote (Long push of setup, select ops reset, cleear setup). I get "reset RAM", then "error E2" Evil or Very Mad

Here's the weirder part. After this attempted reset, when I Download from the remote into IR, I get my previously uploaded upgrade back! (Almost - the devices to which I assigned NO codes, which usually come back with the default device assignments, came back with NO codes assigned for SAT and CD but the cable device returned with its default code CBL 0476) , and I get an popup alert saying error $0000 and then mentioning two other hex codes I failed to write down! Twisted Evil

Later update - Now that I've written all of this, while attempting to reproduce the popup, all the problems seem to have gone away, Shocked and the remote is working normally, but I fear such an intermittent problem returning at an awkward time. Rolling Eyes

Does anybody have any experience with these errors on a 2117? Question

Should I just return it to RS?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Help! 2117 not playing nice. Reply with quote

Capn Trips wrote:
So I tried a complete reset of the remote (Long push of setup, select ops reset, cleear setup). I get "reset RAM", then "error E2" Evil or Very Mad

You had the right idea (doing a complete reset) but used the wrong option. An "OPS RESET" is not a complete reset, it's equivilent to a 980-reset, whereas what you need is a 981-reset.

Check this thread for more info:
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?2448

Here's how to do a FULL reset:

1) Hold SETUP (green P), till screen reads "CODE SET"
2) Press RECORD
3) Select MFR RESET from the LCD menu.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: