JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes


FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Philips DTR200 with URC-5550

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mappedyr



Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Posts: 44
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:53 am    Post subject: Philips DTR200 with URC-5550 Reply with quote

1. Device: Philips DTR200/00
2. Type of device: DVB-T receiver (STB)
3. Year: 2005
4. UEI Remote model: URC-5550
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? yes
6. Still have original remote? yes
7. Checked the file section? Found this upgrade
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? no
9. Partially working setup code? n/a
10. Learning remote question? n/a

When I use the upgrade from the file section it works fine on my URC-8910. Then I try to change the remote to URC-5550 in KM and use that upgrade for my URC-5550. Unfortunately it does not work at all. Is there a problem with RC6 and URC-5550? I also tried the WAV file for device no. 1076, but it only sends the button "0".

Cheers,
Kjeld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Capn Trips
Expert


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 3988

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're better off providing the actual upgrade you used, not the one which you modified, because then nobody can guess what you might have done when you modified it.

Upload and post links to your KM file that you used, and the IR file that doesn't work.
_________________
Beginners - Read this thread first
READ BEFORE POSTING or your post will be DELETED!


Remotes:Atlas OCAP URC 1056, URC 8910B02, OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: Panasonic TH-50PE700U; LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
HDMI switch: DigiView HM-501E;
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Robman
Site Owner


Joined: 01 Aug 2003
Posts: 19929
Location: Chicago, IL

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Re: Philips DTR200 with URC-5550 Reply with quote

mappedyr wrote:
When I use the upgrade from the file section it works fine on my URC-8910. Then I try to change the remote to URC-5550 in KM and use that upgrade for my URC-5550. Unfortunately it does not work at all. Is there a problem with RC6 and URC-5550? I also tried the WAV file for device no. 1076, but it only sends the button "0".

Cheers,
Kjeld

Did you have to copy a protocol upgrade also? This remote has a bug in the way that it handles protocol upgrades where the symptom is that every button sends the code assigned to the '0' button. The work around is to make the upgrade "device button restricted".

You should see a bright red box with yellow writing in the device upgrade panel of IR alerting you to this.
_________________
Rob
www.hifi-remote.com
Please don't PM me with remote questions, post them in the forums so all the experts can help!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mappedyr



Joined: 20 Sep 2003
Posts: 44
Location: Denmark

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I have found the problem.

I have put a hex file for ir.exe here. The file was made when I read the .wav file from OFA into ir.exe (version 6.20). If you look at the devices tab you see for device 1076 it says Protocol ID 58 and Fixed Data 95 30 59 6A. Then delete both devices and add this device:

Code:
Upgrade Code 0 = 04 34 (SAT/1076) Philips DVB-T DTR200/00 (KM v9.05)
 58 00 F8 FE 0A 61 80 27 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07
 08 09 10 11 0D 20 21 0C 5C 54 58 59 5A 5B 0A 5C
 43 75 3C B0                                   
KeyMoves
 36 F3 04 34 55«exit»                           
End


Assign the device to "Sat". You get the error message "List index out of bounds (-1)". This can be avoided by removing the key moves.

Now the Protocol ID is 58 but the Fixed Data is 80 27 00 01. This upgrade doesn't work. That was where I gave up yesterday.

I cured the problem by starting from scratch and added the device as described above. Then I got Protocol ID 58 and Fixed Data 80 27. Now it all works.

Cheers,
Kjeld
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


 

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Get Smart! the band's official homepage Rockabilly Central