JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Creative Nomad JukeBox 3 Codes?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varaonaid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:35 am    Post subject: Creative Nomad JukeBox 3 Codes? Reply with quote

Hello,

After much deliberating and influenced somewhat by the fact that Walmart was out of the OFA 8810, I purchased the Radio Shack 15-2117. I also have a Creative Nomad JukeBox 3 with the original IR remote. Is it possible to program the 15-2117 to control this item? I've never used JP1 before so I'm trying to learn about the interface. Secondly, if I can program the remote to control the jukebox, can I teach it to go beyond the basic functions of the original remote to do more advanced things that the original remote was never designed to do (choose items from menus, etc.) I wasn't sure if it was even possible to have a remote learn functions that were never designed to be controlled by the remote. Lastly, if this is possible, how would I go about finding codes that will work? I've searched these forums but couldn't find anything. Thanks a bunch in advance!
usblipitor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

obtain or build a JP1 cable. Smile

while waiting for the cable, learn all the keys from the nomad remote control to your 15-2116. after you get your JP1 cable, upload the remote to IR.exe and click on the learn tab to see what the signal is and from this information you can build a "device upgrade." we will help you. Smile
JP1Files
varaonaid

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awsome! thanks a bunch for the info and...i'm sure i will need your help!Smile
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jukebox is NEC1, device 33, subdevice 172. Since that piece needs the IR signal twice, the parm is 2A. For more information read the old JP1 list at yahoo (msg# 23411 and follow the thread).

Uwe
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: