JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Westinghouse LVM-42w2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
e.axel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about that! When I get home on Wednesday, I will post the code that solved the spatial probnlem. It works fine in my 8910, as well as the 8820. I really thought I had posted it. Look in the device upgrades section under the Westy 32w1.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanbagel wrote:
I looked through the two 32W1 postings but couldn't find anything on the spatial issue.

Just to reiterate, the remote that came with the Westinghouse monitor works in any position and at any distance. The URC-8910 and the Comcast remote, both have this spatial problem but it's only there when used on the TV monitor. Both work as expected on the cable box.

A final comment; this lack of sensitivity exhibits itself on all TV modes i.e. volume adjustments also require a specific physical position too. Finally, I'm now convinced it isn't an IR LED power out issue since the problem exists even with the remote(s) only 24" from the monitor iR input.

I can see that all of you are well experienced in working with remotes. My 70 year old brain is having trouble handling all of this incoming data. I really appreciate your assistance and am convinced that someone will come up with a solution!

What they are saying is that it appears the 32W1 TV monitor responds to two different IR signal sets(Sony 12/15 and NEC1 dev=1). The monitor appears to have better response if you use the NEC1 protocol.
milanbagel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. At this point I'm not smart enough to deal with the protocol comment regarding IR signal sets. I'm busy reading the info available on the JP1 forum and when I get my cable, and start to look at codes, maybe it will become clearer. My circuit design knowledge and experience ended when vacuum tubes and relays stopped being used for new OEM gear. As an engineer, I guess I'm obsolete! Is there an explanation to be found anywhere that can tell me the difference between Sony 12/15 and NEC1dev=1 in terms I can try to implement? Sorry to be a forum newbie and a state of the art dummy at the same time! I promise to improve with age and experience.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK then, download this WAV file, then use it to add an upgrade to the memory of your URC-8910.

Here's the WAV file...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3842

Here are the instructions...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7337
milanbagel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Success! Thanks for your help Rob. That did the trick. The remote works fine and now, when my JP1 cable arrives, I can start to learn a lot more about the URC-8910 capabilities. Thanks also to everyone else who contributed ideas.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were a few functions that I couldn't fit into the upgrade, but if you'd like to use them, you can program them as keymoves. Here are the EFCs...

058 pip size
182 tv
055 YPbPr
059 av
057 pc/dvi
136 s video
186 format
irs009

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman, You've got a heart of gold.

Jack
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks IRS, but I bet Citizen Bob doesn't share your views! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: