JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Snag with Pioneer DVD-R Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dojak99

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Snag with Pioneer DVD-R Codes Reply with quote

Hi, I'm a newbie with JP1 and seem to have run into a snag. The only device I can't get working (with support from the files section) is my Pioneer DVD-R. It looks like this device has two sets of codes for some functions and for the life of me I can't figure out how to create a working upgrade for my shiny new URC-8910 which I owe thanks to the Robman!.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can share my saved .ir file and the .rmdu file -- just let me know how/where to post them.

Thanks!

OK, here is the link to various files for troubleshooting.

[/url] http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3732

Last edited by dojak99 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a File Section link at the top of this page, Go to the Diagnosis area and there is an Upload button at the top of that page. Click it and fill in the blanks and attach your file. If you have more than one file for us to look at you can zip them together and upload the zip file, or upload them as separate files.

Once you've done that, post LINKS to your files here in this thread. (Just above the window in which you are typing your post, there is a series of buttons, click on the URL one and paste in your link and then click on "Close Tags").

Are you using a file from the file section or are you builiiding one from learned signals? Provide links to any learned IR files you are using, and any modified KM or RM files that you are using and someone will have a look.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
dojak99

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Files are now available for trouble shooting. See original post above for url. Basically the only codes that currently work are the single ones. Codes with two sets of commands don't seem to work. I've tried each of the different Pioneer protocols. Any help is greatly appreciated.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this is any help, but I have a Pioneer VCR/DVDR unit. With Rob & Co's help I set it up a while back, but I recently had to work on it again. Hopefully I will get time later when I get home from work to let you know how to sort this one out, once you know how to enter the "two line" codes into Remote Master it's not that hard.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dojak99 wrote:
Files are now available for trouble shooting. See original post above for url. Basically the only codes that currently work are the single ones. Codes with two sets of commands don't seem to work. I've tried each of the different Pioneer protocols.

I loaded your urc8910_work in progress.ir file into my 8910 and tested using CaptureIR. Everything looks right.

The signals decode as the correct two part Pioneer signals. The detailed timing is nearly identical to your learned signals. Are you sure you tested correctly (had DVD selected in the 8910)?

The single codes seem to be Play, Pause, Stop, Rec, F.Fwd, and F.Rew. Those are the ones that work for you?
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a series of posts I had with Robman when I first got a Pioneer DVDR/VCR (maybe not the same as you have but the principles are the same):

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4384

Here is my Remote Master file for it:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=3737

As you can see, most commands consist of two parts, so if you look at the code for zero, it is:

Device 171 OBC 44
Device 175 OBC 160

The first device is always 171, the second is always 175, first OBC is always 42 or 44. The exception is the "single" commands, which are 171 followed by another OBC.

So I selected the Pioneer Mix protocol, and simply put in Device 1 as 171, Device 2 as 175, and Cmd1 as 44 and Cmd2 as 42. There is also Pioneer Mix2 which uses up to 4 Cmd's.

In my file, if you look at, say, Play, you will see the Device direct on the right, followed by the OBC in this case 171 and 34.

So if the stuff you found when "learning" the signals follows these basic rules, you can complete the Prefix Device, Prefix Command, Device and OBC columns, and the Hex/EFC columns will calculate correctly.

Hope this helps.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

davecs wrote:
So if the stuff you found when "learning" the signals follows these basic rules,

It does.

davecs wrote:
you can complete the Prefix Device, Prefix Command, Device and OBC columns,

He did. It's in the file he posted.

davecs wrote:
and the Hex/EFC columns will calculate correctly.

Yes.

But dojak99 seems to have indicated the result didn't work.

Dojak99 also said he tried each Pioneer Protocol. His file that I tested was just the correct Pioneer Protocol (matching what Davecs just described). If he tried several, maybe he was confused about which he was testing when he got the reported failure.
davecs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. The difference between his file and mine is that he has put the commands 42 and 44 around the other way, resulting in the second Hex byte 01 or 03 swapping over compared to my file, but his and my machines are basically using the same signals.

Strange that it doesn't seem to be working.
dojak99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed also that my learned codes are identical to the upgrade file. I might try and swap the order of the two part codes and see what that does. For now I am using learned codes for the buttons that didn't work with the upgrade file. So all is working for now, but at some point will spend more time trying to figure this all out. Next assignment my second 8910 for another set of electronics - wish me luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: